This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC Build

#131DrBeePhD(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 9:00:43 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
The next tier up is the GTX 780, which is $650. You won't be able to get there by dropping the SSD alone.

Well, as long as the SSD is worth the $100 and the 7970 is basically as good as the 770, then your build is good. I guess you have to lose some to win some, or something like that.

Thanks for the build, Snuckie. Also, Fesh too, for helping me with all the PC jargon and such.

I'll probably order all the parts this week or next. BUT I still need to decide whether to get a wireless or long cord keyboard and mouse.
#132DerPancakePosted 8/25/2013 9:08:15 PM
DrBeePhD posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
The next tier up is the GTX 780, which is $650. You won't be able to get there by dropping the SSD alone.

Well, as long as the SSD is worth the $100 and the 7970 is basically as good as the 770, then your build is good. I guess you have to lose some to win some, or something like that.

Thanks for the build, Snuckie. Also, Fesh too, for helping me with all the PC jargon and such.

I'll probably order all the parts this week or next. BUT I still need to decide whether to get a wireless or long cord keyboard and mouse.

Wired mouse/keyboard is a must when gaming.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#133DrBeePhD(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 9:12:17 PM
DerPancake posted...
DrBeePhD posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

I'm aware haha. Unfortunately I won't be right near the PC so I'd need at least a 5 foot cord. I don't know any keyboards or mouses like that and I don't even know how easy it is to manually attach an extension cord to increase length, or if that would affect latency.
#134TheFeshPincePosted 8/25/2013 10:14:05 PM
DrBeePhD posted...
DerPancake posted...
DrBeePhD posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

I'm aware haha. Unfortunately I won't be right near the PC so I'd need at least a 5 foot cord. I don't know any keyboards or mouses like that and I don't even know how easy it is to manually attach an extension cord to increase length, or if that would affect latency.

It would still be better than wireless. Get a USB hub.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#135swatkiller546Posted 8/25/2013 10:16:39 PM
why do so many people comment for this guy, but never helps me out on a build.. my mind is so blown right now...
---
FC: 4768-7796-9687
#136SlaynPosted 8/26/2013 4:58:52 AM
swatkiller546 posted...
why do so many people comment for this guy, but never helps me out on a build.. my mind is so blown right now...

Maybe you posted something dumb.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#137DrBeePhD(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 6:26:41 AM
TheFeshPince posted...
DrBeePhD posted...
DerPancake posted...
DrBeePhD posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

It would still be better than wireless. Get a USB hub.

I just gotta find a good keyboard and mouse then.
#138DrBeePhD(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 7:18:17 AM
Where the heck did the combo go on this build? There were two combos saving me $60 and now there's only one.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1wki1
#139gastamanPosted 8/27/2013 7:21:27 AM
The combo deal probably ended...
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#140DrBeePhD(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 8:59:02 AM
gastaman posted...
The combo deal probably ended...

Yeah it did. That sucks. Should've ordered the parts sooner.