This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List Of Bad Console To PC Ports

#51Mystical_NEETPosted 8/22/2013 6:01:43 AM
ITT: a game having a slight issue on PC makes it horrible and unplayable. I guess I was wrong to purchase and enjoy:

- GTAIV
- Dark Souls

etc.
#52Tony_Biggie_PunPosted 8/22/2013 6:19:46 AM
Maiken100 posted...
Metal gear solid 2 substance is another bad port.
Terribly optimised for keyboard.
So glitchy.
The system requirements were stupidly high at the time.
Lack of mini game from the original.
Otherwise great game

This not to mention it has a terrible custom AA filter that prevents normal AA from working.

It is terribly buggy with its graphical glitches if you turn the settings too high.

It doesnt even run on Vista/W7 or W8 unless you download a mod for Dsound8.dll.

It also doesnt support 1920 x 1080 at full screen or Higher unless you do a hex edit mod in one of the .ini files. The game is just a mess on PC.

But once you get it working its a decent game
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
#53Tony_Biggie_PunPosted 8/22/2013 6:22:36 AM
GTA 4 is not a bad port especially compared to other games on this list. Anyone with a modern PC should be able to run and play it fine
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
#54pothocketPosted 8/22/2013 6:22:40 AM
An in-depth guide on how to make a successful topic on the PC board.

Step 1: Give posters an outlet to complain about console games.
Step 2: Profit
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#55dekouPosted 8/22/2013 6:44:01 AM
Mass Effect 3. Want to sprint? Press Space. Want to take cover? Press Space. Want to leave cover? Press space. Want to vault over cover? Press space. Want to open a door? Press Space. Want to heal a team mate? Press space. Want to dodge? Press space.

Now try healing a team mate while you're near cover or dodging forward instead of doing a mini-sprint.
#56UnyieldingBRPosted 8/22/2013 7:22:46 AM
AC3 was a terrible port. It is near impossible for any rig to get over 40 FPS in some areas, even on the lowest settings. The controls for KB/M are also very spotty.
#57ThunderPotatoPosted 8/22/2013 8:04:50 AM
MGS 2, Devil May Cry 3, Resident Evil 4.
---
http://jgpgaming.tumblr.com/
#58sonicteam2k1Posted 8/22/2013 8:16:35 AM
johnny_pay posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
are people really saying games like Borderlands, Red Faction Guerrilla, Darksiders 2 and Rage were bad ports? These games were very playable. Some of these people don't know what bad port means...

did you play red faction guerilla when it first came out it was unplayable.

but it's playable now, just like Dead Space is....well for the most part, mouse look is horrid. Games like DMC3, Resident Evil 4 are pretty unplayable
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#59ZeroRaiderPosted 8/22/2013 10:13:40 AM
SpaceDesperado posted...
zeroraider it is sad how uninformed, hypocritical, and angry you get. None of those games are superior, they are all butchered in various ways like decrease in resolution, lower quality textures, and framerate problems compared to their console counterparts.

Laugh. Get out of here kid. It's obvious you're a console troll who's decided to hop on the "bad port" bandwagon that elitist PC gamers like to complain about for a more subtle avenue to spread lies about PC games.

I own several of the mentioned games and they are all superior on my PC.

I've played Saints Row 2 on an Xbox 360 and a PC. It looks like dog**** on the Xbox 360. (it looks like dog**** on a PC too, but a more polished, shiny kind of dog****.)

Meanwhile on my PC, this so-called "bad port" runs at 1080p, does 45-50 FPS (yes, a ridiculous framerate for a GTX 780 and clear indicator of bad coding, but still better than the 30 FPS it runs at on consoles), it has better draw distances, anti-aliasing, and mods. Yeah, that sure is "inferior" alright. And I'm Abraham Lincoln.

And I don't care whether you've ignored me or not - this post is intended for others to read.

sonicteam2k1 posted...
are people really saying games like Borderlands, Red Faction Guerrilla, Darksiders 2 and Rage were bad ports? These games were very playable. Some of these people don't know what bad port means...

They are probably running on peasant hardware like a laptop with integrated graphics or something. A machine with a GTX 780 would blow their mind.

If you seriously think these games are somehow worse on PC than on a console then it's time to put together a build list on Newegg and put away the ten year old Dell, son.

I find the majority of the time when someone complains about a game being "unoptimized" on PC - their complaint about it being unoptimized is legitimate, but that doesn't mean it doesn't still run well with proper hardware. With a proper PC you can power through it with ease. You can't power through a console version of a game. There's no magic RAM or GPU add-on kit you can install into an Xbox 360 to make every game run at a higher resolution and framerate.
#60BogePosted 8/22/2013 10:38:22 AM(edited)
Borderlands 1
Dead Island
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.