This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List Of Bad Console To PC Ports

#61Lum_YatsuraPosted 8/22/2013 10:58:32 AM
That's completely missing the point. More power is a standard feature of the PC.
What we want to know is whether a game's programming was competent.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#62ChokusetsuPosted 8/22/2013 11:03:07 AM
Turok 1.
---
De arimasu
#63ClouddxPosted 8/22/2013 11:20:11 AM
Mystical_NEET posted...
ITT: a game having a slight issue on PC makes it horrible and unplayable. I guess I was wrong to purchase and enjoy:

- GTAIV
- Dark Souls

etc.

TBH, Dark Souls was a mess till DSfix and DSMfix were released.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#64ElDudorinoPosted 8/22/2013 11:22:27 AM
jddaman2 posted...
I know this is already listed in the first post but I just wanna say Saints Row 2 is the worst port I have ever seen for a video game in my entire life. It's such a bad port it makes Path of Neos port look like a 10/10 job. It is absolutely horrible and I want to know what they were thinking when they thought this was an acceptable product. Don't even get me started on LA Noire.

Isn't the only complaint about SR2 that it runs badly on many computers? That applies to a LOT of ports. SR2 is essentially perfect if your computer can run it well. Compare that to games with major control issues, visual issues, sound issues, crashes (all of these apply to Devil May Cry 3) and it starts to look like a pretty decent port.
#65DawnshadowPosted 8/22/2013 12:24:22 PM
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PortingDisaster

There you go. :)
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#66Lum_YatsuraPosted 8/22/2013 3:55:00 PM
The Incredible Hulk is bland looking.

Spider-Man 2 was a terrible completely different game, misleading users to expect a port given similar box art (think Mega Man 3).
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#67SpaceDesperado(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 6:30:19 PM
Javelin posted...
SpaceDesperado posted...
decrease in resolution compared to their console counterparts

Now I know you're just trolling.

Look up the Splinter Cell Double Agent port buddy

Wow, people use trolling so loosely, sparingly, and incorrectly these days
#68Reaper_MinionPosted 8/22/2013 7:29:04 PM
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
GTA 4 is not a bad port especially compared to other games on this list. Anyone with a modern PC should be able to run and play it fine

And? It was extremely difficult to run when it was released and a lot of people still can't run it as smoothly as they should. The game is horribly optimized, even for a sandbox game.

Mystical_NEET posted...
ITT: a game having a slight issue on PC makes it horrible and unplayable. I guess I was wrong to purchase and enjoy:

- GTAIV
- Dark Souls

etc.

GTA IV is mostly playable and doesn't have any game breaking issues, but Dark Souls? That was a piece of garbage.
---
/|\ http://i.imgur.com/hK9c1lo.jpg?1
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#69KelysticPosted 8/22/2013 7:30:07 PM
DMC3

Onimusha 3
---
3DS FC: 0189-8885-0137
#70machetemanPosted 8/22/2013 9:22:45 PM
Ch3wy posted...
polopili posted...
RAGE. The entire interface was made for controlers.
LA Noire. My old E8400 couldn't run it over 5 FPS.

Other than the driving I don't see how RAGE is better with a gamepad. You're a lot more restricted with it...

The only bad thing is the textures. Which are really damn bad but but if you don't pay attention the game looks great.

He said interface. It's very similar to Borderlands 1 in that nothing seems to be mouse clickable, everything needs to be done through a selection wheel or keyboard.

And LOL @ Crysis 2-3, Borderlands, and Mirrors Edge being considered a terrible port. Borderlands only had inventory and some menu problems, Crysis 2-3 aren't even close to bad ports, and MIrrors Edge had screen tearing, therefore its a bad port?

Dark Souls was an atrocious port. Everything locked at default console resolution, M/KB controls that literally were unplayable out of the box...