This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was I scammed on Steam?

#11DerPancakePosted 8/21/2013 10:15:58 PM
Fade2black001 posted...

So you're saying you rather receive a response in a month than in 15mins? Are you high?

Its sarcasm, because most of you dislike Origin.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#12IBKNAWTUPosted 8/21/2013 10:28:53 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
DerPancake posted...
Hella_Yachts posted...
TropicMoon10 posted...
Hella_Yachts posted...
I figured as long as both items were traded in a trade window, the trade was legit

This should be the case. You had no way of knowing the copy was illegitimate in any way.

Contact Steam Support and tell them what happened. They at least have to give you your Earbuds back.

I just contacted them. Hopefully they do the right thing.

Don't worry they will respond back in 1 month. Its not like its Origin customer service, btw did you know Origin customer service usually responds you in 15-30 minutes.

That's because they have two customers

DANG!
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#13ein311Posted 8/21/2013 10:30:41 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
That's because they have two customers

That other guy must live on Origin's support, because I've yet to use them!
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#14Robtcee13Posted 8/21/2013 10:36:39 PM
DerPancake posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

So you're saying you rather receive a response in a month than in 15mins? Are you high?

I don't care about Origin's customer service. I care about how broken the client itself is. I've had downloads inexplicably lose progress for no reason, I've had to completely restart downloads because they just didn't work. I've had to ctrl/alt/del and log out of my entire computer because origin kept popping up with ads that not only interrupted my game, they prevented me from accessing any other process on my system. Even beyond that, to normal use, I can't throttle download speeds (other people use this internet) or decide my install location on a game by game basis.
Origin can have all the customer service it wants. It's goddamn broken everywhere else.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#15DerPancakePosted 8/21/2013 11:36:42 PM
Robtcee13 posted...
DerPancake posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

I don't care about Origin's customer service. I care about how broken the client itself is. I've had downloads inexplicably lose progress for no reason, I've had to completely restart downloads because they just didn't work. I've had to ctrl/alt/del and log out of my entire computer because origin kept popping up with ads that not only interrupted my game, they prevented me from accessing any other process on my system. Even beyond that, to normal use, I can't throttle download speeds (other people use this internet) or decide my install location on a game by game basis.
Origin can have all the customer service it wants. It's goddamn broken everywhere else.

I had that problem with Steam losing progress. I guess both clients are broken.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
#16DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/21/2013 11:39:25 PM
Robtcee13 posted...
DerPancake posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

It's also overpriced, has a poor selection of games, and a downright terrible storefront.
Plus, it's EA.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#17lionheart5656Posted 8/21/2013 11:40:00 PM
DerPancake posted...
Hella_Yachts posted...
TropicMoon10 posted...
Hella_Yachts posted...
I figured as long as both items were traded in a trade window, the trade was legit

This should be the case. You had no way of knowing the copy was illegitimate in any way.

Contact Steam Support and tell them what happened. They at least have to give you your Earbuds back.

I just contacted them. Hopefully they do the right thing.

Don't worry they will respond back in 1 month. Its not like its Origin customer service, btw did you know Origin customer service usually responds you in 15-30 minutes.

Yea and this is what you are likely to get:

http://www.warishellgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?28400-You-will-surely-get-the-karkland
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#18DerPancakePosted 8/21/2013 11:52:48 PM
lionheart5656 posted...

Yea and this is what you are likely to get:

http://www.warishellgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?28400-You-will-surely-get-the-karkland

Good job, its from 2011.
---
#19Golden_GonadsPosted 8/22/2013 3:17:13 AM
I've only had to use Steam support once - They removed Deus Ex: Human Revolution from my library. No warning, no messages, nothing. My achievements were still there, along with time played, collector's edition DLC and whatever else, but no game. Took about 10 days to resolve... So less than a month, but still nowhere near acceptable.
#20Cool_Dude667Posted 8/22/2013 3:22:07 AM
Man that sucks to hear, I actually have those same earbuds (quit TF2 years ago) and been wanting to trade them off myself...
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi