This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was I scammed on Steam?

#21thejectPosted 8/22/2013 2:23:01 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
DerPancake posted...
Hella_Yachts posted...
TropicMoon10 posted...
Hella_Yachts posted...
I figured as long as both items were traded in a trade window, the trade was legit

This should be the case. You had no way of knowing the copy was illegitimate in any way.

Contact Steam Support and tell them what happened. They at least have to give you your Earbuds back.

I just contacted them. Hopefully they do the right thing.

Don't worry they will respond back in 1 month. Its not like its Origin customer service, btw did you know Origin customer service usually responds you in 15-30 minutes.

That's because they have two customers

Not only that, they're on first name basis with ya! :D
---
"Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive."
#22Brass_EyePosted 8/22/2013 4:12:41 AM
MI2Dragon posted...
Was it Brass Eye?

I don't play TF2.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltjffudVQ61qcji8c.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqp4iFO441qg5fyl.gif
#23Tommy2GoGoPosted 8/22/2013 4:17:17 AM
Robtcee13 posted...
DerPancake posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

So you're saying you rather receive a response in a month than in 15mins? Are you high?

Its sarcasm, because most of you dislike Origin.

I don't care about Origin's customer service. I care about how broken the client itself is. I've had downloads inexplicably lose progress for no reason, I've had to completely restart downloads because they just didn't work. I've had to ctrl/alt/del and log out of my entire computer because origin kept popping up with ads that not only interrupted my game, they prevented me from accessing any other process on my system. Even beyond that, to normal use, I can't throttle download speeds (other people use this internet) or decide my install location on a game by game basis.
Origin can have all the customer service it wants. It's goddamn broken everywhere else.

you must have a really crappy computer.

I played Crysis 3 using origins with no problem. Loaded perfectly, never had any problems as well. Origins did what it was suppose to. Load my game up. Yet you are giving all these things that happend to you?

Origin does what it's suppose to. Hate the store front? go to the website on your favorite explorer

I have contacted steam support at least 2-3 times by now. I recall once I couldn't use my debit card information. They gave me automated responses when I told them that I BROWSED THE STEAM FORUMS AND TRIED EXACTLY WHAT THEY TOLD ME TO DO.

After my last message I didn't hear back from them for a few days. Since there was no activity they decided to close my support ticket assuming everything was fixed. I reopened the ticket and still got autmated responses. After that I juust gave up.

Steam Support Sucks.
#24GarquillPosted 8/22/2013 4:51:47 AM(edited)
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Man that sucks to hear, I actually have those same earbuds (quit TF2 years ago) and been wanting to trade them off myself...

I'll buy you any forty dollar game and won't charge-back after I trade it

actually I would buy both of your buds if the other gets it back
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#25SirisS-G-PPosted 8/22/2013 7:19:15 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Robtcee13 posted...
DerPancake posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

So you're saying you rather receive a response in a month than in 15mins? Are you high?

Its sarcasm, because most of you dislike Origin.

I don't care about Origin's customer service. I care about how broken the client itself is. I've had downloads inexplicably lose progress for no reason, I've had to completely restart downloads because they just didn't work. I've had to ctrl/alt/del and log out of my entire computer because origin kept popping up with ads that not only interrupted my game, they prevented me from accessing any other process on my system. Even beyond that, to normal use, I can't throttle download speeds (other people use this internet) or decide my install location on a game by game basis.
Origin can have all the customer service it wants. It's goddamn broken everywhere else.

It's also overpriced, has a poor selection of games, and a downright terrible storefront.
Plus, it's EA.

It's also not Steam which is the worst of all!
#26SirisS-G-PPosted 8/22/2013 7:20:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27Brass_EyePosted 8/22/2013 9:07:44 AM
SirisS-G-P posted...
Brass_Eye posted...
MI2Dragon posted...
Was it Brass Eye?

I don't play TF2.

YOU!!! GO AWAY SCUM!!! You are no longer welcome here. Play your games on a console.

I play both. Best of both worlds.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltjffudVQ61qcji8c.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqp4iFO441qg5fyl.gif
#28Cool_Dude667Posted 8/22/2013 9:10:14 AM
Garquille14 posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Man that sucks to hear, I actually have those same earbuds (quit TF2 years ago) and been wanting to trade them off myself...

Would you consider trading Saints Row IV for it?
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#29GarquillPosted 8/22/2013 9:17:56 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Garquille14 posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...

Would you consider trading Saints Row IV for it?

too much, sorry

two games that are approx $40 is fine too
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein