This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Splinter Cell Conviction - 40 frames per second.

#11dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:07:11 AM
thebladeofwoe posted...
dark trunks posted...
I just had a look at the beta drivers, and whilst I do not have those drivers, that looks like it is for Blacklist, not Conviction. Other than that, everything is up to date driver wise.

Nahh blacklist is supposedly HIGHLY optermised for pc. Apparantly (this is from some Murica friends of mine.). Have faith TC. I take it (like me) you are from the UK ? If so it will be worth the wait.

Pm if you need a co-op partner.

Yeah. Well, here's hoping then. I'm still going to replace these cards at some point, because I have had nothing but stutter and low performance with then. That's not even with SLI, it's with one card too.

chris121691 - I disabled SLI, and I got the exact same performance that I had when I had SLI enabled. There was no difference between SLI and a single card. I could only play the game on Low settings.

chris121691 - That's the baffling thing. I'm only running at 1080p, and my PC rarely gives me a steady 60 FPS in any game I play. I'm often hitting 50 FPS. If I turn SLI off, performance gets worse.

jakeDiLLa - It's pretty damned annoying, isn't it?
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#12AnatomyHorrorPosted 8/22/2013 7:31:53 AM
Maybe check into MSI afterburner or some other program that monitors memory/core speeds etc. Perhaps it's not achieving the advertised clocks.
#13dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 9:43:00 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
Maybe check into MSI afterburner or some other program that monitors memory/core speeds etc. Perhaps it's not achieving the advertised clocks.

I'm getting help trying to pinpoint where the problem lies, so I will pass that on and hopefully we'll get this tested. Honestly, these cards have been a mess since I got them. We have had every other part tested, and every other part has been fine. At this point, it has to be the cards.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#14dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 5:15:13 PM
It looks like Saints Row IV is another one to add to the list that doesn't run well. It was choppy during the opening of the game, and once I hit the open world (and I forgot to save, too) I was dropping into the 40s consistently, walking or driving. I haven't tried it without SLI, but I will, and I haven't tried the Beta Drivers (and after having issues with them in the past, I might leave them for now), but this is the same performance Saints Row III gave me the other day. I'm not sure if this is currently a known issue or not, but it isn't smooth on my PC at all.
---
#15PhilOnDezPosted 8/22/2013 5:30:15 PM(edited)
Sounds like you're running on integrated graphics.

E: but then, 3930k doesn't even have igp does it? Are you hitting a CPU bottleneck? SR is an open world series so it would make sense there, not familiar with splinter cell though.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#16dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 5:50:11 PM
PhilOnDez posted...

E: but then, 3930k doesn't even have igp does it? Are you hitting a CPU bottleneck? SR is an open world series so it would make sense there, not familiar with splinter cell though.

My PC is definitely running both 680s. I'm not sure about a bottleneck, but I can always ask the person who is helping me work out where the issue lies whether this might be the case.

On the other hand, I could have sworn, with my two 580s and i7 920, I did get better performance in these games. I could be wrong of course, because this was a long time ago. But I didn't have nearly as many issues, framerate and stuttering, before.

I can't keep a consistent 60 FPS in any game I've tried.
---
#17ShebeskiiPosted 8/22/2013 6:28:37 PM
dark trunks posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

My PC is definitely running both 680s. I'm not sure about a bottleneck, but I can always ask the person who is helping me work out where the issue lies whether this might be the case.

On the other hand, I could have sworn, with my two 580s and i7 920, I did get better performance in these games. I could be wrong of course, because this was a long time ago. But I didn't have nearly as many issues, framerate and stuttering, before.

This really isn't normal.

Could you go on Steam, download 3DMark and run it? Post the score for us. It'll give us a lot of insight.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#18dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 6:39:37 PM
Shebeskii posted...
dark trunks posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

This really isn't normal.

Could you go on Steam, download 3DMark and run it? Post the score for us. It'll give us a lot of insight.

I'll see what I can do. However, the last time I did do 3DMark, my score as fine. It was supposedly what a 680 should get. I did the benchmark for Realm Reborn, too, and I had just over 16,000 as my score. But performance in games is a different story altogether. I think the best one is Sleeping Dogs. I get minor stutter, but it's still present, and when it's day and five cars line up at traffic lights, I'm down to 50 FPS. Skyrim stutters like mad, as does BioShock Infinite, always from the framerate dropping to 58 and then back to 60. All have these strange framerate drops straight into the 40s too.

But I will run the test when I get the chance. I'm just taking a quick break from some work to respond.
---
#19dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:21:29 PM
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7051868?

Let me know if the link doesn't work. It's weird, though, because even at Scan when they tested my cards on benchmarks, they acknowledged the cards performed as they should. That was the same day we left them over night for a stress test, and got a call the next day to tell us there was, in fact, a fault with one of the cards.

That fault, at that time, was that in SLI, under stress, one card was causing the framerate to decrease after however long it was in a game. I don't understand all the details myself, but we got it replaced. Maybe one of these is still faulty, I don't know. But I've had issues since getting them. The first day, SLI caused the screen in games to shake and judder/stutter. I fixed that, but since then framerates drop from 60 to 58 and that causes my stutter. Other games have awful performance.

One thing I will say, the benchmark did stutter a lot. Frequently I'd see the framerate drop to the lower twenties from the thirties, and jump back again, causing the benchmark to lock up momentarily or stutter.
---
#20machetemanPosted 8/22/2013 9:27:23 PM
I know Conviction uses Unreal 2.5 which is trash compared to UE3. I remember not getting the best performance, no matter the settings.

As far as SR4 and the 3DMark, I have no idea :(