This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Splinter Cell Conviction - 40 frames per second.

#21dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 8:33:50 PM
macheteman posted...
I know Conviction uses Unreal 2.5 which is trash compared to UE3. I remember not getting the best performance, no matter the settings.

As far as SR4 and the 3DMark, I have no idea :(

Sadly, I can't even test Blacklist until much later. The pre-load didn't unlock, and it turns out we might not be getting an unlock until 6pm in the U.K.

It's difficult to tell which games are poorly optimized for PC and which aren't. When most of these games are running with minor hitches to serious hitches, from little framerate drops to massive drops, you can't tell if Conviction just runs like **** on any system, or if it's part of the same problem you've been having with various games, you know? I have not run a single game on this machine, and had consistent performance.

No, actually, I lie. Duck Tales is the only game in recent memory I have played on this machine that runs at a perfect 60FPS.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#22dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 10:35:43 AM
Blacklist isn't consistent either. The game stutters, even though it says it's locked at 60. If I so much as turn on any AA mode, though, forget it. It will either frequently drop the framerate or it will drop into the 30s if I take an enemy down. I haven't downloaded the drivers yet, and I'm not sure if I want to risk it, but I'll give them a try and see what happens later. I can't see it working though. I can't say I have ever download drivers and seen an improvement in any game on this machine.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997