This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I finished Alan Wake / American Nightmare. Good similar games?

#11Hunter_mkPosted 8/22/2013 9:16:02 AM
the closest one to me probably Max Payne 3, it has a similar narrative, character talking all time time about his life
---
RIP Xbox One 2013-2013
#12NotQuiteAFreakPosted 8/22/2013 9:40:03 AM
As I am currently playing Alan Wake can I ask, how on Earth have you enjoyed it?

The gameplay is really repetitive, the controls feel so flunky and loose, the horror portion of the game is completely non-existent and the characters are all as likable as twigs... But the worst part of all is the constant damn narration! It is so mind-numbingly frustrating to the point where I can't stand no more and stop playing for a month or so... I fact I take back what I said, the horror is existent it has just formed itself in constant, annoying narration form rather than actual horror...

The story itself seems okay though and it does have a good soundtrack, I guess... But the narration, man... *Shivers*
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#13CardigansFan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 12:25:27 PM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
As I am currently playing Alan Wake can I ask, how on Earth have you enjoyed it?

Admittedly some of the narrative is a bit cheesy/cliche/etc...but I dunno. I just like it. Different strokes I guess.

Hunter_mk posted...
the closest one to me probably Max Payne 3, it has a similar narrative, character talking all time time about his life

I've been meaning to pick it up, I'll probably get it next time there's a decent sale on it.

xanthan1 posted...

Cool, thanks!
---
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Nexus 4 16GB White * Sharp Actius MM20 * AKA Magus77