This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New PC gamer, looking at an alienware 17 laptop. Advice needed

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New PC gamer, looking at an alienware 17 laptop. Advice needed
(message deleted)

User Info: ModernFOXX

ModernFOXX
3 years ago#12
and one more thing. My Astro A50 headset should work with most gaming laptops right?
Why Albert...why? ~Sincerely, a Cardinals fan...No loyalty at all from what could've been the greatest Card ever, Albert Pujols.-------PSN: ANDR0iD_v3

User Info: hondaguy0110

hondaguy0110
3 years ago#13
ModernFOXX posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
You should find the space and save a thousand dollars while also having something that isn't counter-intuitive to gaming

How is it counter intuitive? But also i just want a laptop for now be able to bring it to school for projects and travel with it. When i'm older and move out then i'll get a desktop, but for now im getting a laptop. So right now i just want advice on THIS. not whether or not to get a desktop. And yes i know they are better and more easily upgradeable

Don't expect to easily transport it with school books and whatnot. Alienware 17" is a large, heavy beast.

User Info: datopgamer

datopgamer
3 years ago#14
hondaman42390 posted...
ModernFOXX posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
You should find the space and save a thousand dollars while also having something that isn't counter-intuitive to gaming

How is it counter intuitive? But also i just want a laptop for now be able to bring it to school for projects and travel with it. When i'm older and move out then i'll get a desktop, but for now im getting a laptop. So right now i just want advice on THIS. not whether or not to get a desktop. And yes i know they are better and more easily upgradeable

Don't expect to easily transport it with school books and whatnot. Alienware 17" is a large, heavy beast.

It's not like a 17" laptop is hard to transport. It doesn't even weigh that much and there are plenty of bags that can carry it. Hell I carry a 17" laptop, a laptop cooler, an external drive, my astro headset, 3ds, psp and sometimes a 360 and still have room to spare. It's just about finding a bag to accommodate the size.
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x 23" Acer Monitors

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
3 years ago#15
datopgamer posted...
It's not like a 17" laptop is hard to transport. It doesn't even weigh that much and there are plenty of bags that can carry it. Hell I carry a 17" laptop, a laptop cooler, an external drive, my astro headset, 3ds, psp and sometimes a 360 and still have room to spare. It's just about finding a bag to accommodate the size.

This is a serious question.

Have you ever knocked someone over by turning too quickly on a crowded sidewalk?

User Info: Alienware4Life

Alienware4Life
3 years ago#16
People dont realize that alienware buyers dont want to mess with building their own and have the money to spend on them.
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee

User Info: TowerBooks3192

TowerBooks3192
3 years ago#17
If you really require a laptop. Have you checked those clevo laptops or something? I think you could customise them depending on the seller. Its barebones and cost a whole lot cheaper than alienware.

If you could really avoid it then for the love of God! build a PC. I have no regrets with mine even though I only went on to the store and gave them my budget and asked them to change some parts.
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower

User Info: analogman

analogman
3 years ago#18
enjoy your bsods.
check my quote :DD

User Info: hondaguy0110

hondaguy0110
3 years ago#19
datopgamer posted...
hondaman42390 posted...
ModernFOXX posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

I didn't enjoy carrying my 17" laptop + three 400+ page textbooks on my walks around campus my freshman year.

I guess b/c you don't mind it he shouldn't give it any thought then. Your experience is exactly what everyone else's is. /sarcasm

Just giving him something to think about.

User Info: LaMichael_James

LaMichael_James
3 years ago#20
a 10 lb 17" alienware monstrosity is not good for carrying around daily for school

you will look like a fool with that thing in a lecture hall

dont be a lazy kid and learn to build a pc. it's pretty fun
GOAT
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New PC gamer, looking at an alienware 17 laptop. Advice needed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived