This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wireless 360 controller with adapter vs wired 360 controller

#1Star_NutsPosted 8/22/2013 6:27:06 AM
Which is better? - Results (114 votes)
Wireless 360 controller with adapter
29.82% (34 votes)
Wired 360 controller
54.39% (62 votes)
There really is no difference
15.79% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Is the wireless just as reliable or does it tend to have issues?
---
Not changing this sig until the Chargers win the Super Bowl - 31 Dec 2012
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/s/san_diego_chargers-3705.gif
#2Ch3wyPosted 8/22/2013 6:40:17 AM
I can't speak for the bootlegs, but the official wireless adapter works great. I use mine through a wall and haven't had a single problem with it.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3jburnt1Posted 8/22/2013 6:42:22 AM
The bootleg ones work fine too, Iv never had any issue with mine, you just have to install its driver not the MS one.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/jburnt1/games/owned
The GameFAQS boards are simply a must for that ability to see fandom in its primordial state.
#4SmakkyofacePosted 8/22/2013 6:42:51 AM
For my desktop, I use the wireless adapter as I can sync the controller and the headset with it.

For my laptop, I use a wired xbox 360 controller because the adapter has a 20ft cable attached to it anyway so no point in using wireless.

Both are equally reliable with no discernible difference in performance.
---
Xbox Live / PSN / Steam: Smakkyoface
i7 3770k @ 4.66ghz, 24GB DDR3 1600, Evga Gtx 670 FTW.
#5El_KazPosted 8/22/2013 6:46:37 AM
Only issue I've had with my wireless receiver is that Windows Update doesn't recognize it automatically.
I had to download the drivers and manually force them on the receiver.
Other than that, same as wired controller (minus the wire, plus the need to charge the battery, obviously).
---
Wait... what?
#6KURRUPTORPosted 8/22/2013 6:50:34 AM(edited)
Pros
-You can connect up to four controllers to the wireless receiver, which can be a nice plus in some situations.
-No wire is kinda just an advantage in and of itself.
-Range and connectivity is great

Cons
-Batteries, though if rumble is off I find that batteries last quite a while, even with the following issue.
-Cant turn the controller off... Just have to set it down and wait till it times out after about ten minutes.

I just don't mess with wired controllers as they are almost the exact same price now (if you go to amazon, which I believe has the cheapest wireless xbox controllers for 35 dollars), and I commonly have a cup of coffe or water on my desk and just don't want to run the risk of a wire knocking it over.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#7r0ge00Posted 8/22/2013 6:53:00 AM
Wireless for sure on the desktop. Everyone should have some high capacity rechargeable batteries these days. <$20 for a 4-pack of Eneloops and a charger is enough. I have enough cords around, I really don't need another one.

As mentioned earlier, you can connect up to 4 controllers to the wireless receiver, which is awesome.
#8Ch3wyPosted 8/22/2013 7:00:46 AM
KURRUPTOR posted...
Pros
-You can connect up to four controllers to the wireless receiver, which can be a nice plus in some situations.

Cons
-Batteries, though if rumble is off I find that batteries last quite a while, even with the following issue.
-Cant turn the controller off... Just have to set it down and wait till it times out after about ten minutes.

I just don't mess with wired controllers as they are almost the exact same price now (if you go to amazon, which I believe has the cheapest wireless xbox controllers for 35 dollars), and I commonly have a cup of coffe or water on my desk and just don't want to run the risk of a wire knocking it over.

You can just pop out the battery pack and put it back in if you want to turn it off. Kind of lame that they didn't implement that functionality with the drivers but it's even easier to do this anyways.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#9KURRUPTORPosted 8/22/2013 7:19:30 AM
Ch3wy posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...
Pros

Cons

You can just pop out the battery pack and put it back in if you want to turn it off. Kind of lame that they didn't implement that functionality with the drivers but it's even easier to do this anyways.

I'd rather just wait the 10 minutes for it to turn off on it's own, when it's not being used it uses next to no battery power anyways. Constantly removing the battery pack and putting it back in can start to wear on the plastic clips and eventually the battery packs will jiggle around a bit, which can be pretty annoying.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#10Majoras_pantsPosted 8/22/2013 7:34:23 AM
I got a wired controller instead of a receiver for the wireless ones I already had. It's just simpler for me. I don't really care about wireless though.