This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I finished The Cat Lady yesterday - no spoilers

#1pothocketPosted 8/22/2013 7:28:59 AM
Was good times and reminded me of TT's Walking Dead (which is too say a narrative experience with lite point-n-click gameplay elements) but, where Cat Lady lacks the depth of making narrative choices, it has more in-depth puzzle elements than WD.

Try to imagine a heavy metal album that has some ballads thrown in and that album is turned into one long music video about a serial killer. That's pretty much The Cat Lady. It's not a very polished game but that somehow fits with the overall grit of the visual design.

http://lewisdenby.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cat-lady-4.jpg?w=610

I knew going into this game that it was going to be intense, but it still wasn't what I was expecting. The in-your-face moments of horror and violence are actually paced out during the game rather than being a non-stop assault on the psyche. Sometimes the game dragged on a bit but overall this made the intense moments even more intense because I wasn't suffering from shock fatigue.

The story is a mature look at depression, suicide, insanity, and will explore them to depths that you definitely won't be comfortable with. But that's kinda the whole point of the game. I don't know what kind of life the writer had but the story seems very personal, which just makes it that much more uncomfortable.

If you like experiencing interactive narratives but, you know, want an actual game rather than something like To The Moon or you want to play a horror point-n-click game, I highly recommend giving this game a shot.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2lionheart5656Posted 8/22/2013 7:31:00 AM
Yes let me pay money so that I can be uncomfortable in my free time.

That sounds like a good deal.

You've convinced me TC.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#3pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:34:02 AM
lionheart5656 posted...

You've convinced me TC.

Hey, no problem. Glad I could help.
---
#4Incendia_IntusPosted 8/22/2013 7:37:05 AM
lionheart5656 posted...

You've convinced me TC.

That's the entire point. If you don't enjoy horror or the adrenaline these types of games give you, then they aren't for you.
---
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912 | HX750 750W
#5Benjamin_ButtonPosted 8/22/2013 9:50:57 AM
Thanks for the heads up TC. Looks pretty interesting.

also, i agree...To The Moon was highly overrated.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD
#6pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 3:21:06 PM
Bumps for fans of horror games
---