This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Witcher 1 worth playing?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the Witcher 1 worth playing?
3 years ago#1
I want to play Witcher 2, but I don't know I will be missing out if I don't play the first one.
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
3 years ago#2
Good story, but the combat is so atrocious I can't even get involved with the plot elements.
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
3 years ago#3
I would say yes. I haven't beaten The Witcher 2 yet but there are some references from the first game.
3 years ago#4
Both games are awesome. You don't need to play it before the second though. Yes there are some references, but they're very minor and have no bearing on the plot.
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
3 years ago#5
the combat is really really bad

i played it for like 5 minutes and i couldn't put up with it. a game's combat doesn't have to be super exciting to entertain me--i play a lot of MMOs--but the witcher 1 is worse than that
I'M GAY.
3 years ago#6
Kingmichael1337 posted...
the combat is really really bad

i played it for like 5 minutes and i couldn't put up with it. a game's combat doesn't have to be super exciting to entertain me--i play a lot of MMOs--but the witcher 1 is worse than that

The combat is fine for me. I dunno how people have so much trouble with it. I do like W2's combat more though.
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
3 years ago#7
Well if the combat is bad maybe not, but is there something in the first one like story related that could greatly gimp my experience if I only start on the 2nd one?
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
3 years ago#8
No, there are some references to the first game but they're really minor. Witcher 2 functions as a standalone game just fine.
PSN: GailST
3 years ago#9
also you won't be missing out on anything important if you just play the second one

the stories are kinda self-contained or standalone or whatever
I'M GAY.
3 years ago#10
If you like rpgs:yes
If your definition of an rpg is Final fantasy or pokemonL no.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the Witcher 1 worth playing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived