This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Witcher 1 worth playing?

#11Incendia_IntusPosted 8/22/2013 10:20:32 AM
I must have low standards, I enjoyed it.
---
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912 | HX750 750W
#12jddaman2Posted 8/22/2013 10:26:35 AM
The story and world is fantastic. The biggest issue is putting up with a 50+ hour game doing the same 3 clicks repeatedly over and over as "combat"
---
Brofistus Maximus
#13NingishzidaPosted 8/22/2013 11:27:41 AM
terrible, clunky games - both.
#14NingishzidaPosted 8/22/2013 11:36:25 AM
CDPR said the Witcher would "redefine RPGs", hilariously it didn't redefine even a single aspect of RPGs, let alone the genre as a whole.

Then they said TW2 will have combat like Demon Souls, the clunkfest they inflicted us with isn't anything like Demon Souls.

Now they say their Skyrim clone (TW3) "will combine story driven and open-world RPGs... for the first time", but it's already been done several times before, so this shows they're newbs to gaming, or liars (they're both).

awh yeah
#15El_KazPosted 8/22/2013 11:39:36 AM
Ningishzida posted...
CDPR said the Witcher would "redefine RPGs"

Ningishzida posted...
Now they say their Skyrim clone (TW3) "will combine story driven and open-world RPGs... for the first time", but it's already been done several times before, so this shows they're newbs to gaming, or liars (they're both).

The 20th time you whine about this won't be any more relevant than the 1st.

It's meaningless marketing talk; every company does it; get over it.
---
Wait... what?
#16NingishzidaPosted 8/22/2013 11:45:24 AM
El_Kaz posted...
It's meaningless marketing talk; every company does it; get over it.

why should i get over something that makes me laugh so hard?

CDPR are the biggest boasting liars in PC gaming, and they haven't backed a single thing up.

compare the impact of the comparatively humble Bioware with their Baldur's Gate, they didn't make bold claims until after their game was critically/publicly heralded, only then did they say "they sparked a role-playing renaissance", and they arguably did.

CDPR are the court jesters of PC RPG devs, lol.
#17GwendalPosted 8/22/2013 11:47:57 AM
I'd say it's worth playing, and I personally enjoyed it more than the second game. Still, it is a bit rough around the edges, and I can see why some people find the combat repetitive and bland.

That said, the second game is just fine as a stand-alone, so you won't really miss anything important by skipping TW1.
---
Currently playing:
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
#18n00bifierPosted 8/23/2013 11:13:26 AM
Ningishzida posted...
CDPR said the Witcher would "redefine RPGs", hilariously it didn't redefine even a single aspect of RPGs, let alone the genre as a whole.

Then they said TW2 will have combat like Demon Souls, the clunkfest they inflicted us with isn't anything like Demon Souls.

awh yeah

Companies exaggerate claims to sell their products? NAWWWWW.
---
I can 100% garrentie you that if you take a pro console player and a pro PC player, the console player will win - Fritz0x8
#19notSFFPosted 8/23/2013 1:21:24 PM
It wouldn't be a Witcher topic without Ning!
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#20GreenMage7Posted 8/23/2013 1:23:53 PM
Honestly, it really is not that good of a video game. They had some great ideas but they really don't come to fruition while you're playing. It's cheap and you can find out yourself, but honestly there are better western RPGs.