This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Unique idea for a game.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Unique idea for a game.
3 years ago#11
TheFeshPince posted...
I see more and more games like this and I never understand why someone would want to do this. I go to work to do this. Why would I want to do it at home when I could be having fun?

Because it's a game and has game-like elements that would ideally be "fun" for the people interested.

Like Papers, Please. It's a game about being an overworked/underpaid border patrol dude with a family that's hungry and dying.

But it's still fun because it's like hardcore Simon Says.
3 years ago#12
Steamster posted...
TheFeshPince posted...
I see more and more games like this and I never understand why someone would want to do this. I go to work to do this. Why would I want to do it at home when I could be having fun?

Because it's a game and has game-like elements that would ideally be "fun" for the people interested.

Like Papers, Please. It's a game about being an overworked/underpaid border patrol dude with a family that's hungry and dying.

But it's still fun because it's like hardcore Simon Says.

I can see how it could be fun and, definitely, the addictive quality of these kinds of games. I just would never play them, personally.
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
3 years ago#13
daemon_dan posted...
Here's my idea: Vikings. Everything that has to do with Vikings.
Norse Mythology.
Seafaring.
Naval combat.
Raiding.
Brutal battle.

Part action game, part ocean exploring game, part naval RTS, part GOING TO ASGARD AND ****ING S*** UP.

Some day, I will learn to make this a reality

so you want a viking remake of sid meier's pirates
3 years ago#14
johnny_pay posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Here's my idea: Vikings. Everything that has to do with Vikings.
Norse Mythology.
Seafaring.
Naval combat.
Raiding.
Brutal battle.

Part action game, part ocean exploring game, part naval RTS, part GOING TO ASGARD AND ****ING S*** UP.

Some day, I will learn to make this a reality

so you want a viking remake of sid meier's pirates

Except with more mythology and raiding battles where you plan the raid, weapon loadouts, but then play as one viking, wrecking people's faces.
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
3 years ago#15
A work simulator? No thanks! I'd never play it.
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
3 years ago#16
Boge posted...
A work simulator? No thanks! I'd never play it.

indeed.

sounds utterly boring.

even if you are the boss, i don't wanna be reminded of work (or even reality) when i'm gaming.
3 years ago#17
It's been done already. HOWEVER, what if we had a sim where you were in charge of a group of people who were working on a sim game where you were a guy who was in charge of a group of people? They'd model the Boss of their game based on how the Boss of the game you're playing treated them. I'd call it Sims Sim: The Simulation. GotY contender right there.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
3 years ago#18
It exists, it's called EVE Online.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
3 years ago#19
Execution >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> idea.
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Unique idea for a game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived