This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Unique idea for a game.

#11SteamsterPosted 8/22/2013 4:25:49 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
I see more and more games like this and I never understand why someone would want to do this. I go to work to do this. Why would I want to do it at home when I could be having fun?

Because it's a game and has game-like elements that would ideally be "fun" for the people interested.

Like Papers, Please. It's a game about being an overworked/underpaid border patrol dude with a family that's hungry and dying.

But it's still fun because it's like hardcore Simon Says.
#12TheFeshPincePosted 8/22/2013 4:27:16 PM
Steamster posted...
TheFeshPince posted...
I see more and more games like this and I never understand why someone would want to do this. I go to work to do this. Why would I want to do it at home when I could be having fun?

Because it's a game and has game-like elements that would ideally be "fun" for the people interested.

Like Papers, Please. It's a game about being an overworked/underpaid border patrol dude with a family that's hungry and dying.

But it's still fun because it's like hardcore Simon Says.

I can see how it could be fun and, definitely, the addictive quality of these kinds of games. I just would never play them, personally.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#13johnny_payPosted 8/22/2013 4:27:31 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Here's my idea: Vikings. Everything that has to do with Vikings.
Norse Mythology.
Seafaring.
Naval combat.
Raiding.
Brutal battle.

Part action game, part ocean exploring game, part naval RTS, part GOING TO ASGARD AND ****ING S*** UP.

Some day, I will learn to make this a reality

so you want a viking remake of sid meier's pirates
#14daemon_danPosted 8/22/2013 4:32:42 PM
johnny_pay posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Here's my idea: Vikings. Everything that has to do with Vikings.
Norse Mythology.
Seafaring.
Naval combat.
Raiding.
Brutal battle.

Part action game, part ocean exploring game, part naval RTS, part GOING TO ASGARD AND ****ING S*** UP.

Some day, I will learn to make this a reality

so you want a viking remake of sid meier's pirates

Except with more mythology and raiding battles where you plan the raid, weapon loadouts, but then play as one viking, wrecking people's faces.
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#15BogePosted 8/22/2013 5:07:27 PM
A work simulator? No thanks! I'd never play it.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#16NingishzidaPosted 8/22/2013 5:11:17 PM
Boge posted...
A work simulator? No thanks! I'd never play it.

indeed.

sounds utterly boring.

even if you are the boss, i don't wanna be reminded of work (or even reality) when i'm gaming.
#17PhilOnDezPosted 8/22/2013 5:17:52 PM
It's been done already. HOWEVER, what if we had a sim where you were in charge of a group of people who were working on a sim game where you were a guy who was in charge of a group of people? They'd model the Boss of their game based on how the Boss of the game you're playing treated them. I'd call it Sims Sim: The Simulation. GotY contender right there.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#18Digital StormPosted 8/22/2013 5:20:30 PM
It exists, it's called EVE Online.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#19VordraxPosted 8/22/2013 5:50:09 PM
Execution >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> idea.
---
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.