This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that exceeded your expectations

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games that exceeded your expectations
2 years ago#1
What exceeded your expectation or surprised you. Mine is Sony Smash Bros. At first, i thought it was stupid and had a stupid ko system. But then i played. While I found it not nearly as good as Smash Bros. ((But then again what fighting game can compete with the replay value and multiplayer fun of Smash Bros? Even Marvel 3 and 2, i eventually stopped playing while i still play Melee and Brawl)), it was decent enough just passable when i expected to be total garbage.
2 years ago#2
Euro Truck Simulator 2.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
2 years ago#3
Far Cry 3. I had never played the others but then I played 3. One of my favorites from last year.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
2 years ago#4
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
Far Cry 3. I had never played the others but then I played 3. One of my favorites from last year.

Never played Far Cry 3 itself, but I enjoyed Blood Dragon for it's 1980s Action Movie cheesyness
2 years ago#5
Sleeping Dogs. I wasn't expecting the game to be bad, but I didn't expect it to be so good either.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
2 years ago#6
To The Moon
The Void
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
2 years ago#7
This one is a thinker. There are probably quite a few, as I try not to get hyped up for games.
The earliest one I can think of is GTA: Vice City (I should note I was a teen then, so even before then I mostly just got games given to me rather than be able to get excited to get particular ones). I thought it was just going to be more GTA III (I don't mean that in a bad way, just that I wasn't expecting more) and running off of the GTA hype train back then but I thought it was a huge improvement over GTA III.

Another one is SOCOM 2. It was my first foray into online gaming, holy $#!^ was that game awesome back in the day; I think I picked it up for like $10 for some reason (before I even had internet, I piggybacked off of a neighbor with his permission).

More recently, maybe some mobile titles could come to mind, but as far as console goes, nothing has really wow-ed me lately (meaning it wasn't that much better than I thought it would be).
2 years ago#8
The Binding of Isaac

I reached Platinum God a year ago and I'm still playing.
2 years ago#9
Snuckie7 posted...
Sleeping Dogs. I wasn't expecting the game to be bad, but I didn't expect it to be so good either.

---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
2 years ago#10
Maybe there is one, but I can't think right now of a game in the last few years that exceeded my expectations, which have also been adjusted to "low" for an industry catering to newbs.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games that exceeded your expectations

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived