This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that exceeded your expectations

#41LorthremarPosted 8/22/2013 3:06:00 PM
Movie64 posted...
Steamster posted...
Sonic Generations is another.

Eh had i not played it Sonic Colors first, i'd probably agree with you, but i played Sonic Colors first so i disagree.

You disagree with him having low expectations?
#42DuathPosted 8/22/2013 3:11:14 PM
League of Legends

I was in a gaming rut and was looking for something new, looked at the F2Ps, saw the cartoony art style, thought, "Ew", but I loved playing WC3 DOTA back in the day so I gave it a shot.

Played it rather solidly for 3 years. Practically obsessed. Put it down a few months ago.
---
Don't worry, be happy.
#43DuathPosted 8/22/2013 3:14:33 PM
Also, despite the loud crowd..

I loved Dragon Age 2, playing through multiple times.

But I also couldn't stand DA:O

Sorry, fanboys.
---
Don't worry, be happy.
#44Movie64(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 3:38:39 PM
Lorthremar posted...
Movie64 posted...
Steamster posted...
Sonic Generations is another.

Eh had i not played it Sonic Colors first, i'd probably agree with you, but i played Sonic Colors first so i disagree.

You disagree with him having low expectations?

Uh well Sonic Colors was good and Sonic Generations looked like a faster more fun game. so yeah. If i didn't play Colors first, i would agree with him since after Sonic Heroes and before Colors, Sonic games were either medicore, or downright bad.

But i understand him having low expectations.

Speaking of which, i never expected Sonic and Sega all-stars Racing to be such a good kart racing game. Transformed also exceeded my expectations because i never thought anything could beat Crash Team Racing as the best Mario Kart Clone until i played Transformed.
#45Crimsin_GibletPosted 8/22/2013 3:42:24 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Crimsin_Giblet posted...
Fable
Deadly Premonition(personally can't wait for the Steam release)
RAGE
Risen 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Disgaea 2
Batman Arkham Series
Persona 3 Portable
Megaman Battle Network Series
Saints Row the Third
Dead Space

I'm guessing you played Fable well after release otherwise wtf. Peter Molyneux made sure everyone's expectations were ridiculously high.

Yeah, I didn't know anything about it, and saw it at Block Buster for like 10 bucks. I started playing it an instantly fell in love with the game. I'm actually glad it happened that way, however Peter Molyneux got me back with Fable II.
#46SlaynPosted 8/24/2013 2:36:57 AM
Duath posted...
Also, despite the loud crowd..

I loved Dragon Age 2, playing through multiple times.

But I also couldn't stand DA:O

Sorry, fanboys.

You know those funny faces people post all the time here.

I made one after that post.

IRL.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116