This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst or just "ah damn it" moment building PCs

#21DerPancakePosted 8/22/2013 4:12:20 PM(edited)
TheFeshPince posted...
DerPancake posted...
Yet some people hate on my Sabertooth, when its the most reliable ASUS board. I just installed my Assist CPU fans a few days ago, and the temperature when down by 5C.

What about the Maximus VI?

The TUF series (Sabertooth and Gryphon) have the longest warranty because they were made to last.

maxfreak posted...
So on the first ever PC I built...I ignored the standoffs and installed the Mobo straight onto the case. *EPIC FACEPALM* I was a n00b and completely overlooked this so don't judge me too harshly! xD So after I got it all put together and I tried to boot it did nothing. After much frustration I started to troubleshoot on google and saw someone with a similar issue. They got a reply asking "Did you install the standoffs on the case?" and saw he was referring to those gold screws. So I disassembled it and put the screws on and wala! It turned on! My friend said I probably short circuited it but a year later she's still running just fine :3

Common bro, didn't you read your case manual?
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#22Enigma149Posted 8/22/2013 4:13:11 PM
Well, when building my current. computer, I got a Blu Ray burner without making sure it came with software to actually play Blu Rays (-_-).

My biggest, "ah, damn it" moment, though, was probably when I was replacing my hard drive in my old laptop. I planned on upgrading from 320 GB to 1 TB. After removing the drive, though, I decided it was probably a waste of money, since the laptop itself was on the verge of dying (it stopped working about 3 months later - according to HP, the motherboard failed...somehow...). When I tried putting the hard drive back in, though, I dropped one of the screws into the case. After trying for hours to get the screw out, I gave up, and for the next 3 months, I could hear the screw rattling around inside the laptop.
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma