This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Skyrim or Radiant Historia? I don't know what to play!

#1TentanmanPosted 8/22/2013 4:53:09 PM
I know this is a ridiculous comparison. Lately, i've had trouble getting into games. I've been buying games and barely playing them. I've got pikmin 3, tales of xillia, and dream team and i'm not even an hour into any of them. I was always busy with work and the girlfriend to ever have any time to myself. Now the girlfriend went off for her studies for 4 months and we've started a long distance relationship and I'm bored out of my mind.

I want a game to get sucked into. I love JRPGS. the last game i beat was shin megami tensei 4. Now, i need something to play. I spent my entire day off doing nothing but staring at my steam games i haven't even touched yet. Then i considered buying saints row the fourth or splinter cell. Played payday for an hour. Thought about spending my 20 bucks on psn on my vita for a psp rpg.

Point is, i don't even know what i want to play. I'm so overwhelmed. Is Radiant Historia a good game to get sucked into? I have it but i have yet to put it into my 3ds. At the same time, i want to try skyrim out yet every time i want to use mods but i have no idea how to work the nexus.
---
BRING BACK CRASH BANDICOOT!
#2lionheart5656Posted 8/22/2013 4:54:47 PM
Radiant Historia has been said to be a lesser version of Chrono Trigger.

Believe it or not, that's a compliment.

Skyrim is fun for adventuring but is fairly generic and truly best with mods.

I'd probably play Radiant Historia first.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#3ElDudorinoPosted 8/22/2013 6:03:17 PM
Which is easier to get into? Radiant Historia, probably. They're both pretty tough games to muster up the will to finish, though. In Radiant Historia if you don't stop and fight a lot of enemies (they're really easy to avoid) you'll reach points in the game where bosses just one-shot you and you don't stand a chance at victory no matter how well you've mastered the battle system. It can be a bit discouraging. Meanwhile, Skyrim will probably never REALLY challenge you unless you mod it to do so, and it's easy for a lot of people to burn out just due to the sheer volume of running around and talking to people you'll do.

I think they're both great games. If you play games on the go a lot you could just play them both, with RH being the portable game and Skyrim being played at home...
#4NM_hunterPosted 8/22/2013 6:40:31 PM
ElDudorino posted...
Which is easier to get into? Radiant Historia, probably. They're both pretty tough games to muster up the will to finish, though. In Radiant Historia if you don't stop and fight a lot of enemies (they're really easy to avoid) you'll reach points in the game where bosses just one-shot you and you don't stand a chance at victory no matter how well you've mastered the battle system. It can be a bit discouraging. Meanwhile, Skyrim will probably never REALLY challenge you unless you mod it to do so, and it's easy for a lot of people to burn out just due to the sheer volume of running around and talking to people you'll do.

I think they're both great games. If you play games on the go a lot you could just play them both, with RH being the portable game and Skyrim being played at home...

Seriously? I never grinded in Radiant Historia. I mean, I generally don't avoid every single enemy but I have never had any trouble with enemies before.
Bosses were never able to 1shot me, I don't know how that's possible. I have to say Historia is one of the easiest JRPGs I played in a while. It has a fun story. Personally Radiant Historia's battle system was a little too basic. Not boring but not super fun, and the fact that it was incredibly easy kinda killed the battle aspect for me but the story is definitely a good side of the game.
#5DiviDudePosted 8/22/2013 6:44:35 PM
Radiant Historia scratched my JRPG itch better than anything else released in the last five years. Go for that.