This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know, when I think of all the nerds who...

#21The_AntiGrim(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 4:35:49 PM
daemon_dan posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
daemon_dan posted...
You've never been to an arcade have you? Arcades didn't force anyone to do jack. People WANTED to shove their quarters into machines. It was a blast.

People wanted to play games. People spent hundreds of dollars to play these shallow, one-sided games

I'm sorry, shallow? o.O There's a reason that arcades lasted long past the birth of home consoles. People spent hundreds of dollars for the experience of the arcade. Hell, if there was a good arcade around here, you bet your ass I'd be there every weekend.

and yet people would also jump onto the EA hate-wagon just because they have multiple DLC's (at cheap, for that matter)
---
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
#22DerPancakePosted 8/22/2013 4:37:26 PM
The_AntiGrim posted...
DerPancake posted...
Askeladd posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
Boge posted...
Did you have to use EA as the example? There are a lot better companies to have praised than EA.

Do you have a better example?

Rockstar. Actually put effort into dlc, made free updates for RDR that any other company would have charged for.

And Activision let PC gamers have DLC for free in CoD4 and World at War.

Activision does nothing but rehash series. CoD and the Tony Hawk games are prime examples.

Well wouldn't they rehash CoD when its the best FPS on the market, same as Tony Hawk but that didn't have competition.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#23daemon_danPosted 8/22/2013 4:40:39 PM
The_AntiGrim posted...
daemon_dan posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
daemon_dan posted...
You've never been to an arcade have you? Arcades didn't force anyone to do jack. People WANTED to shove their quarters into machines. It was a blast.

People wanted to play games. People spent hundreds of dollars to play these shallow, one-sided games

I'm sorry, shallow? o.O There's a reason that arcades lasted long past the birth of home consoles. People spent hundreds of dollars for the experience of the arcade. Hell, if there was a good arcade around here, you bet your ass I'd be there every weekend.

and yet people would also jump onto the EA hate-wagon just because they have multiple DLC's (at cheap, for that matter)

It's not DLC people have a problem with. It's day 1 DLC, things that are already in the games data you pay to unlock. DLC that adds a MORSEL of story for 10 dollars. Stuff like that.
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#24The_AntiGrim(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 4:42:33 PM
DerPancake posted...

Well wouldn't they rehash CoD when its the best FPS on the market, same as Tony Hawk but that didn't have competition.

I'm sorry. This is my fault. I'm trying to use rehashing as a negative point while talking to someone who enjoys they copy-paste arcade machines.
---
#25The_AntiGrim(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 4:44:31 PM
daemon_dan posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...

It's not DLC people have a problem with. It's day 1 DLC, things that are already in the games data you pay to unlock. DLC that adds a MORSEL of story for 10 dollars. Stuff like that.

Let me apologize on EA's behalf. I'm sorry they didn't wanna sit around with their thumbs up their ass while they were waiting for the games to get to stores.
---
#26daemon_danPosted 8/22/2013 4:45:55 PM
The_AntiGrim posted...
daemon_dan posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...

Let me apologize on EA's behalf. I'm sorry they didn't wanna sit around with their thumbs up their ass while they were waiting for the games to get to stores.

Day 1 DLC is there before games even ship.
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#27DerPancakePosted 8/22/2013 4:49:40 PM(edited)
The_AntiGrim posted...
DerPancake posted...

I'm sorry. This is my fault. I'm trying to use rehashing as a negative point while talking to someone who enjoys they copy-paste arcade machines.

Keep crying, CoD keeps breaking sales records, it gets good reviews, hundreds of thousands keep playing CoD games online. Until another developer makes a better FPS there is no reason to change.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#28ArayzielPosted 8/22/2013 5:42:03 PM
If you mean quarter-munchers... who cares about them. 1CC or bust.
#29MagnemightPosted 8/22/2013 5:46:38 PM
who the hell pays $60 for a game, PC or console
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against a Shy Guy onslaught!
Download the demo (offsite topic): http://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14596
#30The_AntiGrim(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 6:01:10 PM
Magnemight posted...
who the hell pays $60 for a game, PC or console

people who actually care about the industry and not just about themselves.
---