This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For a gamepad, which analog placement do you prefer?

#1BogePosted 8/22/2013 4:20:09 PM
For a gamepad, which analog placement do you prefer? - Results (146 votes)
Left analog above the digital pad (ex: Xbox)
65.07% (95 votes)
Left analog below the digital pad (ex: Playstation)
34.93% (51 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I know this is the PC board where mouse/Keyboard rules, but I'm trying to get unbiased opinions. So just answer and try to be unbiased.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#2jessica73Posted 8/22/2013 4:21:46 PM
above since its the primary input and I hardly have use for a dpad outside quick select.
---
http://i.imgur.com/1XJz6.gif
^__^
#3SteamsterPosted 8/22/2013 4:27:15 PM
pretty much any time a 360 vs DS3 topic comes up, all I can say is "no preference."

My fingers literally grew up while holding a dualshock, but I still don't care. My focus with either controller is 100% on the game, and never on how comfortable/intuitive/whatever the controller is.
#4Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 4:35:11 PM
Steamster posted...
pretty much any time a 360 vs DS3 topic comes up, all I can say is "no preference."

My fingers literally grew up while holding a dualshock, but I still don't care. My focus with either controller is 100% on the game, and never on how comfortable/intuitive/whatever the controller is.

It's not a 360 vs DS3 comparison. Just the analog placements. Xbox and Playstation are just the strongest examples.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#5DerPancakePosted 8/22/2013 4:35:39 PM
As long as is not like the WiiU gamepad its fine.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#6DuathPosted 8/22/2013 4:46:33 PM
Xbox wins for PC gaming easy, its also easier to use the sticks and the d-pad if needed.

Though I always liked the PS controllers in the past.
---
Don't worry, be happy.
#7cody4783Posted 8/22/2013 4:49:05 PM
Grew up on the PlayStaion style layout, straight from PS1 days and even non-Dualshock controllers.

Prefer the Xbox 360 style MUCH more, and after switching, going back just seems silly. Left analog forward is much more comfortable and natural for my thumb placement.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#8claytonbuckleyPosted 8/22/2013 5:06:27 PM
I've always had a PS or PS like controllers since i don't know when, whenever they started making PS controls with the sticks. Recently got a xbox controller for this PC, and i kinda like it more.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
#9fuzzymanPosted 8/22/2013 5:28:02 PM(edited)
definitely sony

if you can't picture this, if it's higher and closer to the index, your thumb is not using the stronger lower half of your opposable strength, hence degress less of accuracy and cramps when using xbox controller for long periods

this is why the FPS genre adapted to using the sony style analog for look in xbox games, and the upper analog for movement, which can deal

I pretty much hate the xbox controller but I really love how the PS4 is going larger

I find the dpad to be less important these days buttons are more attuned to the quick taps of your thumb joint

madcatz makes an MLG controller that can swap the sticks into all positions

I'm not the "slam the hooker" kind of guy so I really do use the analog function in movement AND look when gaming

A lot of PC gamers wouldn't care
---
http://i.imgur.com/hOjV6w3.jpg
#10SteamsterPosted 8/22/2013 5:28:42 PM(edited)
Boge posted...
It's not a 360 vs DS3 comparison. Just the analog placements. Xbox and Playstation are just the strongest examples.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. 360 vs DS3 is pretty much the only way to really pair up the difference.

I just can't personally notice. Both of them cramp my fingers after some number of hours, but neither of them limit how I enjoy/succeed at a game.