This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For a gamepad, which analog placement do you prefer?

#11VioletZer0Posted 8/22/2013 6:33:09 PM
Above places emphasis on the Analogue stick and hurts usage of the D-pad while putting the Analogue stick below places equal emphasis on both.

I prefer below.
#12SomeMacGuyPosted 8/22/2013 6:34:24 PM
doesn't matter for me
#13pfantzypantzPosted 8/22/2013 6:38:41 PM
VioletZer0 posted...
Above places emphasis on the Analogue stick and hurts usage of the D-pad while putting the Analogue stick below places equal emphasis on both.

I prefer below.

This, as I use the d-pad very often due to emulation, platformers, and fighting games. And on DS3 vs 360 pad, I much prefer the DS3, just feels so much better to me.
#14jessica73Posted 8/22/2013 6:42:14 PM
no way, maybe on the WiiU since they are both equally spaced like the d-pad and buttons below them
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z0ZPk.png
PC nobleman tossing FCP's a bone - Thanks Breloom @_@
#15MagnemightPosted 8/22/2013 6:45:01 PM
I rather like the PS3 controller layout for its symmetry. The D-Pad and the buttons are placed similarly, and the analog sticks are similarly symmetrical. Since most games on the PC that could use a analog stick control tend to be just as playable with mouse and keyboard, I'd rather have the D-Pad in an easy to reach position.
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against a Shy Guy onslaught!
Download the demo (offsite topic): http://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14596
#16codyorrPosted 8/22/2013 7:48:10 PM
Neither. Try being a 21st century gamer.
#17PhilOnDezPosted 8/22/2013 8:00:22 PM
I strongly prefer the 360 style layout but if the trackpad on the PS4 controller ends up having any use on pc I can see myself switching over so long as they updated the godawful triggers from the DS3. My favorite triggers are actually from a cheapo MadCatz 360 controller.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#18jokujokujokuPosted 8/22/2013 9:42:06 PM
I definitely prefer symmetry in my analog sticks. When they're offset like on the 360 controller, your thumbs have to move in different ways to move the sticks in the same direction. This issue was most notable to me when playing Katamari. Katamari Damacy on the PS2 felt instantly natural. Beautiful Katamari on the 360 felt awkward even after some time playing it.
#19ThunderPotatoPosted 8/22/2013 10:20:49 PM
Either work. I like the 360 triggers and analogs better(not neccesarily the placement), but the buttons are horrible.
---
http://jgpgaming.tumblr.com/
#20MwulfPosted 8/22/2013 11:03:07 PM
Asymmetrical analog placement is terrible. It's designed specifically for shooters, so it's not as good for other genres of games. Symmetrical placement on the other hand is suitable for any type of game... and (perhaps more importantly) is more suitable for lefties.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable