This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Laptop fell!

#1Big_NabenduPosted 8/22/2013 8:09:24 PM
So me laptop fell at work and is starting to act up. I can't play any games and it takes forever to load. It sounds like nothing is making any noise inside. I have to run it on safemode cause it locks up. And it shuts off randomly.
HELP PLEASE!
---
And pray that theres intelligent life somewhere up in space because theres bugger-all down here on Earth...
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 8/22/2013 8:14:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fC60Hmb.jpg
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3Big_Nabendu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 8:21:38 PM
Yeah.... so could it be my hard drive or something more sinister?
---
And pray that theres intelligent life somewhere up in space because theres bugger-all down here on Earth...
#4GreenMage7Posted 8/22/2013 8:24:10 PM
It sounds like your fans aren't running if you can't hear anything anymore. That would be... bad to say the least. It means that your system will overheat when you try to anything and not work. Do you have any way to verify what is going on there?
#5Big_Nabendu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 10:19:43 PM
How would I know that?
---
#6GreenMage7Posted 8/23/2013 12:15:36 AM
Big_Nabendu posted...
How would I know that?

Do you have a user's guide for your laptop? It may tell you how to open up your specific laptop and look at the components. It's possible your fan simply got disconnected from it's power source when it fell. That might be an easy fix. You can also probably find specific trouble shooting tips online. It could be a number of things but the fact that you can't hear anything spinning is disconcerting. Hopefully it's something you can fix.
#7MasterDonGeroPosted 8/23/2013 12:22:44 AM
It could be absolutely anything. I would have to have the laptop in my hands to be able to assume even the vaguest opinion.

Honestly, your best bet is to find a friend that is very good with computers and ask them for help.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom