This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

TESOnline.. Buy2play, Sub fee AND cash shop... FF14 is going to win

#61Maiken100Posted 8/23/2013 11:11:37 AM
KillerTruffle posted...

I think the mindset is not so much that "I can't afford it," it's more of "that's a waste of money" or "I could use that money for something else/something better."

If you think its a waste then obviously there's a financial issue. If the money that you used should have been put towards bills or food, then you have a affordability and priority problem.
#62KillerTrufflePosted 8/23/2013 11:18:45 AM
I've known some very rich people who still have a mindset in which they choose not to waste money. They have no financial issues at all, but can still see things as a waste. I'm not talking about putting the money toward bills or food or anything either. There's other games, movies, going out and doing stuff, charities, savings to earn interest... any number of things. Even if you have a thousand bucks to spare each paycheck, it can still be a waste to pay monthly like that. It doesn't automatically not become wasteful just because you're rich.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#63Maiken100Posted 8/23/2013 11:31:36 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
I've known some very rich people who still have a mindset in which they choose not to waste money. They have no financial issues at all, but can still see things as a waste. I'm not talking about putting the money toward bills or food or anything either. There's other games, movies, going out and doing stuff, charities, savings to earn interest... any number of things. Even if you have a thousand bucks to spare each paycheck, it can still be a waste to pay monthly like that. It doesn't automatically not become wasteful just because you're rich.

Again use your sub sparingly throughout the year. This idea that you must be connected every month is just not intelligent, then it's certainly a waste. I could never play an EVE or WoW 2 months straight, that's why you have the option of canceling.
#64SteamsterPosted 8/23/2013 11:33:57 AM
I'm OK with this.
#65DiviDudePosted 8/23/2013 2:15:22 PM
Maiken100 posted...
If you think its a waste then obviously there's a financial issue.

That makes literally no sense whatsoever.
#66Maiken100Posted 8/23/2013 2:27:47 PM
DiviDude posted...
Maiken100 posted...
If you think its a waste then obviously there's a financial issue.

That makes literally no sense whatsoever.

Yeah, It wasn't well phrased lol, but what I meant was for the majority of people it's a concern because it's a financial issue.