This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Players complaining Steam version of Rayman Legends, at least the demo has uPlay

#1Relentless639Posted 8/23/2013 1:14:20 AM
But it's not listed in the actual shop page.

Why is this allowed? Who actually updates the pages, Steam or Ubisoft? Because if it's the later, it seems like the are trying to scam players.
#2Marioface5Posted 8/23/2013 1:40:31 AM
What are you talking about? "Players complaining Steam version" what? If you're trying to warn people about Rayman Legends having uPlay because the demo has it, maybe it's only the demo that has it? Rayman Origins didn't use it, so I'd be surprised if this one did, especially if it's not listed on the page. Ubisoft is pretty good about that.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#3Skul_Posted 8/23/2013 1:58:05 AM
i english gud
---
It's not like the buyer just swipes a credit card, puts the employees under their arm, bows, and walks out of Index HQ. - Kromlech06
#4Relentless639(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 4:18:27 AM
Is my English this bad? Honestly, is it? I eat a few words here and there, I forget to do plurals many times and s***. But at least, for someone whose English is not the first language, I at least avoid making those "your/you're", "affected/effected", "than/then" that people make all the time.

I wonder if you guys are rusing me.

I am not trying to actively warn anyone, I'm asking if Ubisoft is allowed to make something like ommiting 3rd party's DRM. Since the demo has it then why wouldn't the full game also have it too.

I personally refuse to buy games that have any kind of it. And I'd be mad if I ever buy a game that has it and it's not specified in the page as usual.
#5AceallwaysPosted 8/23/2013 4:48:59 AM
Relentless639 posted...
Is my English this bad? Honestly, is it? I eat a few words here and there, I forget to do plurals many times and s***. But at least, for someone whose English is not the first language, I at least avoid making those "your/you're", "affected/effected", "than/then" that people make all the time.

I am not trying to actively warn anyone, I'm asking if Ubisoft is allowed to make something like ommiting 3rd party's DRM. Since the demo has it then why wouldn't the full game also have it too.

I personally refuse to buy games that have any kind of it. And I'd be mad if I ever buy a game that has it and it's not specified in the page as usual.

I wouldn't pick on you, but it is obvious that English isn't your first language. The above has countless grammatical issues, and syntax errors. In addition, you are frequently using incorrect words.
this bad = that bad
do plurals = use plurals
whose English is not the first language = who does not have English as their first language
rusing is not a word, so you would use I wonder if this is a ruse
make something like ommiting = do something like omit
also have it too = also have it, or have it too
I'd be mad if I ever buy = I'd be mad if I ever bought, or I'll be mad if I ever buy

I never nitpick on how people type since I am terrible about it myself, but I thought I would try to help you out since you had asked.
#6Relentless639(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 7:16:17 AM
it was a rhetorical question. and you are seriously nitpicking over trivial stuff,

Iguess While this is a problem enough to derail a perfect topic ill just type in on my own way. To think i have been trying to make my posts with minimal errors only to be met with racism towards my writing style.

=(

I?m a bit mad BTW, don't need to point it out.
#7TwinqePosted 8/23/2013 7:23:48 AM
Relentless639 posted...
To think i have been trying to make my posts with minimal errors only to be met with racism towards my writing style.

Pointing out that you clearly don't speak English natively is not racism.

On topic: I suspect it won't use Uplay even if the demo does.
---
3DS FC: 4511-1880-0614 | Steam: Twinqe
#8SirisS-G-PPosted 8/23/2013 7:49:56 AM
No Uplay No Buy.
#9InsuRnPosted 8/23/2013 8:27:56 AM
It will require Uplay.

Seen on Amazon.com:
Rayman Legends [Download]
by Ubisoft
Rated: Everyone 10+ | DRM: Uplay

Source: http://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-Rayman-Legends-Download/dp/B00EIN1ZWC/ref=sr_1_2_title_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1377271595&sr=1-2&keywords=rayman+legends
---
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 - i5 2500k - Sapphire AMD Radeon HD7850 OC - 8Gb G.SKILL DDR3 - Crucial M4 SSD - ASUS BD-R - CM Storm Trooper /// PS3 - X360 - Wii U
#10phy2jshPosted 8/23/2013 8:39:35 AM
Relentless639 posted...

Nitpicking over grammar when the meaning is clear is obnoxious. But, in this instance, the structure of the sentence in your topic title meant the meaning was entirely unclear. I don't think it matters what your first language is; posting stuff that is impossible to understand on an english-language website is going to irritate people.