This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just wachted Indie Game: The Movie

#11Ch3wyPosted 8/23/2013 4:13:17 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Well then, first step is learning how to code. Pick one coding language and stick with it until you have it down.

what are my options? whats an easy code to learn where i can make a tetris-level game?

Just use C#, **** the haters.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#12MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/23/2013 4:20:15 AM
If you want an some easy experience quick find a game that has a level editor and toy around with it until you have a good map. Rinse, repeat ad infinitum until you can consistently make good maps.
---
"No. -.-; stop typing nonsense.DRM is always a bad thing, but steam is always good.No way is it DRM, and if u say it is then ur wrong!"-Oil_Rope_Bombs
#13WeaponX1138Posted 8/23/2013 4:24:43 AM
You watched Indie Game The Movie and decided you wanted to be one of those?

Odd, I had the complete opposite reaction.
---
Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom. STEAM ID: Silentmark1138
#14zerodefectPosted 8/23/2013 4:55:33 AM
If you are new to game design, I would recommend starting with UDK or Unity and learn them.
---
i5 3570k@4.7GHz, Antec Kulher H2O 920, SLI EVGA GTX670's, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis, XFX Pro750W Core PSU
#15Nineteen99Posted 8/23/2013 7:25:21 AM
WeaponX1138 posted...
You watched Indie Game The Movie and decided you wanted to be one of those?

Odd, I had the complete opposite reaction.

I did too. I'm a CS major, and I was considering going into gaming. But seeing how terrible making a AAA title is, with all the news coming out about EA and Bioware and other publishers/developers put so much pressure on their workers, I thought about going into indie development. Then I saw that indie development is just as bad, in regards to quality of life.
---
"Words cannot describe how screwed I am..."-Phoenix Wright
Currently Playing: Bastion, Torchlight 2