This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Probably get this a lot but... (Console Vs PC Topic)

#31TheWidowmaker1Posted 8/23/2013 10:36:23 AM
TC skipped town real quick.
---
Games should be bringing people together, not tearing them apart. There is too much hate in the gaming culture.
#32Knyght_Vow(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 2:20:33 PM
TheWidowmaker1 posted...
TC skipped town real quick.

Nope. Just work. Wasn't trolling. Still feel like PC games need polish before a player base release. Getting in on Alpha is great and all, but I browse through Steam and every game that I get interested in i check on GameFaqs and people are posting about glitches and bugs.

And yes, as a child of the 80s and 90s I do remember bugs... rarely and never on console games unless you went looking for them purposefully.

One that comes to mind off the top of my head was Zelda 2 where it would distort all the graphics on the NES, but you could still play just not see anything... but you had to try to get it to happen.

PC Gamers are sensitive. And I responded the way that I did in the 4th post because the first reply within a minute was a person with reading comprehension fail that just wanted to go off-topic immediately and talk about my character of posting rather than the point.
#33claytonbuckleyPosted 8/23/2013 2:42:37 PM(edited)
SO TC says he wants serious conversation, then says he got a game in Alpha and complains about it being buggy.

Because **** logic right?

aak57 posted...
lol, exposed his own bait topic only a few posts in

fail troll is fail
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
#34Knyght_Vow(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 3:10:06 PM
claytonbuckley posted...
SO TC says he wants serious conversation, then says he got a game in Alpha and complains about it being buggy.

aak57 posted...

fail troll is fail

Just because I said LAST two and gave two examples doesn't mean those are the only two. Do we really have to pretend like it's hard to find badly release games for the PC and that there isn't a huge difference between the consoles and PC games?

Really? I mean really? I thought it was obvious... I can give a lot more examples.

And I already addressed Might and Magic's release. My favorite game of all time is World of Xeen - Might and Magic. I game mostly on the PC and STILL play Ultima Online.

Imagine a guy trying to start up a conversation and someone walks up to a group of people and says "This guy's topic is flawed because he said two games is majority." When the person clearly said LAST two.

Imagine how that would play out in real life. And look at some of your replies.
#35claytonbuckleyPosted 8/23/2013 3:19:46 PM
Did you address the fact you complained about a game in alpha being buggy?

Also im sure a smarter person can list a bunch of console games that were released buggy. off the top of my head i can think of Skyrim on PS3.

Your troll failed, just move on.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
#36ShebeskiiPosted 8/23/2013 3:21:40 PM
Knyght_Vow posted...
claytonbuckley posted...

aak57 posted...

fail troll is fail

Just because I said LAST two and gave two examples doesn't mean those are the only two. Do we really have to pretend like it's hard to find badly release games for the PC and that there isn't a huge difference between the consoles and PC games?

Really? I mean really? I thought it was obvious... I can give a lot more examples.

And I already addressed Might and Magic's release. My favorite game of all time is World of Xeen - Might and Magic. I game mostly on the PC and STILL play Ultima Online.

Imagine a guy trying to start up a conversation and someone walks up to a group of people and says "This guy's topic is flawed because he said two games is majority." When the person clearly said LAST two.

Imagine how that would play out in real life. And look at some of your replies.

Are you daft?

Dude, you used a title in ALPHA as an example. It shows just how ignorant you are. The PC platform is all about freedom, which includes freedom for developers to release stuff before its done. If you can't handle a title that is clearly labeled as such, then get off this platform. You're just babbling at this point with no coherent point.

Every Bethesda game on PS3 was buggier than almost every major release for PC in the last 8 years. Even Saints Row 2 for PC, regarded as one of the worst ports of ALL TIME runs better than prepatch Skyrim on PS3.

You're biased and talking nonsense.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#37arleasPosted 8/23/2013 3:29:58 PM
From the topic title
Probably get this a lot but... (Console Vs PC Topic)

Why yes, we DO get an awful lot of console trolls in here.

PC Gamers are sensitive

more like "tired of provisional accounts posting thinly veiled troll topics".

Imagine a guy trying to start up a conversation

You were trying to start something, but conversation wasn't it.

I can give a lot more examples

I wouldn't bother. You've already ruined your reputation with this fail topic. The best course of action would be to start over, only this time age the account a bit more so it doesn't look so obvious, then wait longer than 15 minutes in to your "conversation" to reveal that it's a troll, or maybe just be a lot more subtle about it.

Complaining about playing an alpha as being buggy is just plain dumb, but you could have played off of that and had everyone believing it.
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png
#38Dark_SpiretPosted 8/23/2013 3:42:49 PM
uhh because pc's have literally millions of different configurations, parts ect. its impossible to fully optimize for that. Freedom of the platform comes at a cost to a certain degree. thats just the nature of the beast.
---
Currently playing: Saints Row 4 - Spelunky - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
#39rusty12000Posted 8/23/2013 3:44:12 PM
I love playing Alphas and betas, the Bugs are the funnest part, then watch them iron them out. If you don't like watching games get developed and changed then don't buy into them. /topic
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#40Knyght_Vow(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 3:55:40 PM
Dark_Spiret posted...
uhh because pc's have literally millions of different configurations, parts ect. its impossible to fully optimize for that. Freedom of the platform comes at a cost to a certain degree. thats just the nature of the beast.

Yep! I agree.

I'm not trolling. Just conversating. The PC I'm using to type this up right now was built with the help of people on this board.

Stop, take a breath, and ignore the topic if you don't want to talk about the general point. I admit it was stated badly in my original post.

I've addressed the fact that I used M&M as an example multiple times. People still want to harp on that choice. Here's another game I spent real money on that was broken completely... Warhammer: Mark of Chaos.

There are broken games on the FRONT PAGE of Steam almost weekly. BTW. M&M was just one of the latest.