This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm very serious about buying/building a gaming PC.

#1DentenshiPosted 8/23/2013 5:57:03 AM
I don't have much time to build a PC at the moment. I just need something that can play 2013-14 games on a mid-high end level and deal with alot of task and video edting.

I want to know could I do everything here and now for a decent mid-high PC just buying these parts?

http://i39.tinypic.com/152p6p4.png

But, if someone could really talk me through about building a PC from scratch over Skype or PM and point me in the right direction. You'd have my full attention and full gratitude. I would find some way to thank you immensely.

My budget is $950-1100 MAX
---
GT:Dentenshi PSN:wolfkeeper YouTube:SubeteObscurity
#2Dirk85UKPosted 8/23/2013 6:04:05 AM
Let people on this board help you pick out parts. Then to build it, follow videos on youtube.
---
i5 2500 | 8Gb DDR3 | GTX 670 FTW | Asus P8 P67 | Intel 330 SSD | XFX 650W | Dell U2711
#3Dentenshi(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 6:08:22 AM
Dirk85UK posted...
Let people on this board help you pick out parts. Then to build it, follow videos on youtube.

I don't have to sodder anything or need special tools do I?
---
#4IronSasquatchPosted 8/23/2013 6:11:20 AM(edited)
You won't need anything like that, just some thermal paste, a screw driver, patience and attentiveness.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, that stickied topic on the first page is immensely helpful and informative.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#5TheRagingPosted 8/23/2013 6:11:36 AM
My advice would be to take your time and if you get stuck, google your problem. The amount of help available on forums or YouTube for example is extensive!
---
CM Stryker | i5-4670K @ 4.2GHz | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Z87 MSI MPower MAX
Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB DDR3 1600 | Gigabyte HD7970 GHz | 1TB HDD | Corsair HX850
#6thebladeofwoePosted 8/23/2013 6:12:19 AM
Dentenshi posted...
Dirk85UK posted...

Nope. It is adult lego basically TC. Look on youtube search "videos on building pcs" job done.
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
#7r0ge00Posted 8/23/2013 6:12:56 AM
Dentenshi posted...

Think of it as Legos, but simpler. There's really a very limited number of places that anything can be put. It's basically plug and play once you learn what all the plugs look like. There are tons of quality videos on youtube to assist you.
#8Dentenshi(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 6:14:56 AM
I'm not forcing anyone to do this and I mean this with the highest respect. Can someone please give me a nice build?

I saw someone post this in the boards

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ve1X

Should this be enough for all my gaming and video editing needs?
---
#9IronSasquatchPosted 8/23/2013 6:17:54 AM
That's a pretty solid build if you're just getting into PC gaming and don't want to spend a ton. I'm a huge advocate of Solid State Drives though, so I'd consider getting one for sure to put your OS on and maybe a few games. A Solid State Drive will make your computer boot up in literally seconds. Mine takes about 8 seconds from off to running a program.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#10TowerBooks3192Posted 8/23/2013 6:28:18 AM
Its basically lego but with very fragile parts that if you are not careful or experienced in handling then you will really ruin it (e.g. pins on your mobo). To be safe I just paid the shop to put the parts together for me though. Its scary if you do something wrong but totally saves you money if you know what to do.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower