This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm very serious about buying/building a gaming PC.

#11Fade2black001Posted 8/23/2013 5:35:16 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Its basically lego but with very fragile parts that if you are not careful or experienced in handling then you will really ruin it (e.g. pins on your mobo). To be safe I just paid the shop to put the parts together for me though. Its scary if you do something wrong but totally saves you money if you know what to do.

Very fragile parts? It takes quite a bit of force to break a part. Their not as fragile are you think they are. You make it sound like its a piece of China or something.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#12IronSasquatchPosted 8/23/2013 5:36:53 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Its basically lego but with very fragile parts that if you are not careful or experienced in handling then you will really ruin it (e.g. pins on your mobo). To be safe I just paid the shop to put the parts together for me though. Its scary if you do something wrong but totally saves you money if you know what to do.

Very fragile parts? It takes quite a bit of force to break a part. Their not as fragile are you think they are. You make it sound like its a piece of China or something.

Yeah, this. You'll make the guy think he can't apply too much force or bend the mobo at all, both of which you're gonna HAVE TO do when setting the CPU in place. It doesn't make it any less unnerving when you're putting that much force behind it though. I cringe every time. >_<
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#13TowerBooks3192Posted 8/23/2013 5:37:20 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...

Fragile is not the word I had in mind but now that I remember the exact word. Delicate parts like make sure you don't bend the pins or discharge static on some parts, etc. I guess you could say some stuff like the mobo or something is fragile. I mean try dropping it on the floor and see what happens
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#14r0ge00Posted 8/23/2013 5:39:34 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
Its basically lego but with very fragile parts that if you are not careful or experienced in handling then you will really ruin it (e.g. pins on your mobo).

It's very simple actually. You line up two triangles and you're done.
#15Dentenshi(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 5:47:19 AM
IronSasquatch posted...
That's a pretty solid build if you're just getting into PC gaming and don't want to spend a ton. I'm a huge advocate of Solid State Drives though, so I'd consider getting one for sure to put your OS on and maybe a few games. A Solid State Drive will make your computer boot up in literally seconds. Mine takes about 8 seconds from off to running a program.

I've never done this but what would be the best choice?

http://pcpartpicker.com/search/?cc=us&q=solid+state+drives
---
GT:Dentenshi PSN:wolfkeeper YouTube:SubeteObscurity
#16r0ge00Posted 8/23/2013 5:51:24 AM(edited)
Dentenshi posted...

I assume the Samsung 840 Evo. This is from a price vs performance standpoint.
#17IronSasquatchPosted 8/23/2013 5:53:28 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Dentenshi posted...

I assume the Samsung 840 Evo. This is from a price vs performance standpoint.

Agreed, I have a Samsung SSD and have been very pleased with it. Just remember, get a SSD and a normal HDD as well. Put your OS and the games you play the most/want to perform the best on the SSD, then put all your files and other games and whatnot on the normal HDD.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#18Dentenshi(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 6:38:29 AM
is there a must have thermal paste?
---
GT:Dentenshi PSN:wolfkeeper YouTube:SubeteObscurity
#19IronSasquatchPosted 8/23/2013 6:39:43 AM
Dentenshi posted...

I don't think so. Pretty much any thermal paste will do fine.
---
#20Reaper_MinionPosted 8/23/2013 6:41:55 AM
Dentenshi posted...

No, you can use the stock thermal paste if you want.
---
/|\ http://i.imgur.com/hK9c1lo.jpg?1
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY