This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I tried playing Populous

#1Ch3wyPosted 8/23/2013 7:21:24 AM
Great game. I love making land flat and then making other land not flat.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#2Golden_GonadsPosted 8/23/2013 7:29:15 AM
I'm so happy for you for having enough imagination to appreciate the game, as opposed to being brainwashed into needing everything to be pretty.
#3SpazH3dPosted 8/23/2013 7:30:52 AM
Is that sarcasm?
---
- My vision is augmented
#4Ch3wy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 7:31:05 AM
Golden_Gonads posted...
I'm so happy for you for having enough imagination to appreciate the game, as opposed to being brainwashed into needing everything to be pretty.

I never even mentioned the graphics.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5Golden_GonadsPosted 8/23/2013 7:34:11 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Golden_Gonads posted...

No. I did. Besides, you say you like it, so why would you mention them, hmmm?
#6Ch3wy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 7:39:19 AM
Golden_Gonads posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Golden_Gonads posted...

No. I did. Besides, you say you like it, so why would you mention them, hmmm?

Oh I thought you were being sarcastic. Never mind then.
---
#7Freelance_WolfPosted 8/23/2013 8:38:36 AM
Oh wow, I thought the HB included A New Beginning, not the first game. Yes it's pretty good. I got Populous 2 on GOG. It's better than the first one.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#8kelemvorPosted 8/23/2013 8:48:12 AM
Just now got around to playing Populous huh? I remember playing it on DOS maybe 20 years ago. Decent game, but I prefered Simcity.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#9maybecallsPosted 8/23/2013 8:51:45 AM
Tried it back in the day (Amiga version, though). Didn't like it.
#10Ch3wy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 8:54:00 AM
kelemvor posted...
Just now got around to playing Populous huh? I remember playing it on DOS maybe 20 years ago. Decent game, but I prefered Simcity.

It give me a really familiar vibe, I have very unclear memories of something like it. I think I might have played number 2 but I'm not sure.
---