This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good free racing game?

#1Fade2black001Posted 8/23/2013 6:29:07 AM
I might be asking for WAY too much here but I thought I would try...

Is there a racing game that has good customization, is balanced, fair and not Pay2Win?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#2BlackmonPosted 8/23/2013 6:31:54 AM
Need for Speed world is f2p. I have not played it but it's out there.
---
Http://www.Blackmon.com/
#3Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 6:34:47 AM(edited)
Blackmon posted...
Need for Speed world is f2p. I have not played it but it's out there.

I just got done with it. After 30mins of play there only 5 cars I counted that can be bought with In game money. The rest are bought with realy money... I said F this.

But thank you
---
#4Ch3wyPosted 8/23/2013 6:43:17 AM
I doubt any good one's exist, especially with things like customization(customizable stuff is a microtransaction magnet).

F2P games are hardly ever worth it.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5IronSasquatchPosted 8/23/2013 6:47:18 AM
I don't know about free, but if you're willing to simply purchase a game (and you're alright with playing an arcade racer), Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed is absolutely fantastic and each of the racers has 6 different mods, which are essentially different speed/accel/handling/etc. balances. It's $20 and is well worth every penny.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#6Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 7:03:51 AM
IronSasquatch posted...
I don't know about free, but if you're willing to simply purchase a game (and you're alright with playing an arcade racer), Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed is absolutely fantastic and each of the racers has 6 different mods, which are essentially different speed/accel/handling/etc. balances. It's $20 and is well worth every penny.

NFS itself is an arcade racer and I do not mind them at all. But isnt that game like Mario cart though? A go kart racing game? I would rather have something with real cars in it. I am not putting the game down though. Its not exactly what I am looking for.
---
#7IronSasquatchPosted 8/23/2013 7:08:38 AM
Fair enough, I wasn't sure if it was really the style you were looking for. And apparently I have the wrong idea about what an arcade racer is. But yeah, it is much more like Mario Kart than NFS or something like that.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#8chris121691Posted 8/23/2013 7:15:41 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-All-Stars-Racing-Transformed-PC-Steam-Edition-/251323178304?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a84075d40
#9Pen9erSPosted 8/23/2013 8:51:06 AM
I know, not free, but Burnout Paradise is in the current humble bundle. Pay what you want.
---
The letters on my shirt's the
password.
#10JavelinPosted 8/23/2013 8:52:39 AM
RaceRoom Racing Experience

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211500/
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB