This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is Chrome doing?

#1DredjPosted 8/23/2013 8:32:11 AM
Noticed for a while that when Chrome is open it's like having a game loaded, my GPU runs with full clocks, and that means it's running hotter, the fan works harder etc to keep it cool, basically having Chrome loaded is like having Metro:LL loaded.

I've asked my friends to check theirs too and Chrome is behaving the same for them.

I've tested some other browsers too, Chrome, Waterfox and Pale Moon all act the same. IE10 and Firefox are the only 2 browsers I've tested that isn't having this problem.

Temporarily I have switched to Firefox, but I already miss Chrome.
#2AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/23/2013 8:36:13 AM
Dredj posted...
Noticed for a while that when Chrome is open it's like having a game loaded, my GPU runs with full clocks, and that means it's running hotter, the fan works harder etc to keep it cool, basically having Chrome loaded is like having Metro:LL loaded.

I've asked my friends to check theirs too and Chrome is behaving the same for them.

I've tested some other browsers too, Chrome, Waterfox and Pale Moon all act the same. IE10 and Firefox are the only 2 browsers I've tested that isn't having this problem.

Temporarily I have switched to Firefox, but I already miss Chrome.

I've been getting that too, I have a feeling it has to do with running an ad blocking extension. Do you use either of the Chrome Adblock extensions?
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
~
#3Dredj(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 8:40:29 AM
I do use Adblock yes. But I didn't on Waterfox since it was a new install, same with Palefox.

Firefox is being ok with or without Adblock.
#4AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/23/2013 8:44:24 AM
Dredj posted...
I do use Adblock yes. But I didn't on Waterfox since it was a new install, same with Palefox.

I know, Firefox has never had any problems using Adblock, both Plus and Edge, at least on any of the machines I've worked on.

Chrome, on the other hand, slows down to a crawl when visiting certain pages, though I've yet to determine if it's got something to do with how the pages were designed.

All I do know, is that I always see on the bottom left of my browser window "Waiting for Adblock extension" or something like that, right before the slowdown.
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
~
#5Dredj(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 11:06:23 AM
AlexTheNextOne posted...
Dredj posted...

I know, Firefox has never had any problems using Adblock, both Plus and Edge, at least on any of the machines I've worked on.

Chrome, on the other hand, slows down to a crawl when visiting certain pages, though I've yet to determine if it's got something to do with how the pages were designed.

All I do know, is that I always see on the bottom left of my browser window "Waiting for Adblock extension" or something like that, right before the slowdown.

I tried, Chrome with Adblock disabled and it didn't make a difference.