This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the difference between these two performance mods?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whats the difference between these two performance mods?
2 years ago#1
Hialgoboost and Skyboost for Skyrim? Which one works best?
---
TGS 2013 Wishlist: Grandia IV, Dark Cloud III, Persona 5, Star Ocean V, FF XV.
- http://steamcommunity.com/id/fueledbyrice/
2 years ago#2
Never heard of Skyboost before, so I really don't know. Try both?
---
Fear is a leash.
2 years ago#3
O_o What are those?
2 years ago#4
Yeah..I might have to. Was just wondering if anyone knew :/
---
2 years ago#5
I use skyboost.
Not sure if it made a difference though, my game does play fairly smooth.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
2 years ago#6
Skyboost is outdated and doesn't work anymore. Apparently people still use the other one.
2 years ago#7
Googled a bit. It looks like Skyboost does the same thing as an older mod, that is optimizing the executable for a newer instruction set. But Bethesda that already did that themselves a long time ago, so it's redundant; previously Skyrim was compiled for x87. I don't think you need skyboost.

I don't really understand how hialgoboost works but the way it's described on nexus makes it sound like it cuts the renderer's internal buffer resolution to 1/3 of the original resolution or something. I'm not sure if it actually affects the image quality but it doesn't seem like it would hurt to try it.
---
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum
2 years ago#8
KingDFizzle posted...
Skyboost is outdated and doesn't work anymore. Apparently people still use the other one.

Good to know, I'll get rid of it :)
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
2 years ago#9
Got it. Thanks for the replies guys.
---
2 years ago#10
Panzer_Squid posted...
Googled a bit. It looks like Skyboost does the same thing as an older mod, that is optimizing the executable for a newer instruction set. But Bethesda that already did that themselves a long time ago, so it's redundant; previously Skyrim was compiled for x87. I don't think you need skyboost.

I don't really understand how hialgoboost works but the way it's described on nexus makes it sound like it cuts the renderer's internal buffer resolution to 1/3 of the original resolution or something. I'm not sure if it actually affects the image quality but it doesn't seem like it would hurt to try it.

I could be wrong, but yea, that sounds like it is going to hurt image quality. You can get a similar boost by lowering your resolution. :/
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whats the difference between these two performance mods?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived