This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is console vs PC even an argument anymore?

#121johnny_payPosted 8/23/2013 6:08:48 PM
but consoles are smaller, and when it comes to technology smaller is better
#122DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/23/2013 6:11:34 PM
Some people are resistant to change.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#123raymanfan1Posted 8/23/2013 6:12:07 PM
75% of my games are exclusive to the console I own them on.
Yeah....
---
Meh.
#124NightDrifter05Posted 8/23/2013 6:20:00 PM
The simple fact that all my real life friend's play on PS3/360 instead of PC and it's more fun playing with friends then strangers. Also have ease of use, not every game play's well on PC, random crashing, exclusive title's that you can't play on PC, some people like to collect game's and you can't do that with PC anymore since it's almost all digital now, maybe the person can't afford a good PC and has to get by with a older dated PC, they may not have a good comprehension of how the PC work's and don't want to have to go through the troubleshooting some PC game's require to get them to work properly, maybe they have strict internet restrictions and can't use Steam because it will use up their data allowance. That's just a couple reason's and their's plenty more but in the end it all come's down personal preference.

I'm personally lucky enough to have a good paying job that allow's me own and be able to upgrade my PC yearly to the latest tech as well as buy the console's. I currently have a gaming rig, PS3, and a PS4 paid in full with a Xbox One with the $100 minimum on it in case I decide to get it if they ever ditch the Kinect. But in the end, the average gamer just want's one thing and that's a gaming system where you just put in a disc and play and that's what the console has over the PC for the time being.
#125Fou LuPosted 8/23/2013 6:22:03 PM
Two_Dee posted...
Kingdom Hearts 3

Nope. That's opinion. Personally I don't like Kingdom Hearts so your point is invalid.

Console gamers think they have it best, when consoles are now trying to be like a PC, what with all the Facebook/social media junk they keep putting on them. In the end, the PC still does everything better, including CHEAPER GAMES, which is why I'm not buying any consoles this next generation.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#126Holden_McgroinPosted 8/23/2013 6:39:10 PM
Why would you just stick to one system? You miss out on tons of games that way.
---
All the ladies love Holden Mcgroin.
#127Devil_wings00Posted 8/23/2013 6:40:52 PM
eragonman9 posted...
Consoles are cheaper, more portable than a desktop, and have better exclusives.
Also personal preferences.

*air raid siren alarm* Someone who doesn't know much about modern PC's alert. This is 2013, you can build a PC smaller then a phat PS3 these days with a full high end video card and CPU. PC's are not big anymore and honestly unless you are using your PC for something other then gaming or just enjoy tricking out you big ass full tower with LED's, no one really needs even a mid tower anymore.

As far as exclusives go PC has more exclusives then either major console and then times that by 10. It's not even a competition and don't give me the "most are indies" because last time I checked budget doesn't guarantee quality. Not to mention compared to the PS2/GC days, and before, modern consoles are mostly driven by third party titles which PC gets the vast majority of and in better quality. True, big time AAA, console exclusive titles seem pretty few and far between these days. Unless you like JRPG style games then the PS3/4 are something you need to own and a PC can't help you outside emulating older titles. Also lets not pretend that consoles "Get better games" when what one likes is completely and utterly subjective in the first place.

Yes consoles are cheaper but you get what you pay for and PC's 2 years, and more, down the road will be steam rolling the next gen consoles in terms of fidelity. Not to mention freedom of control (controllers, K/M, fight stick and just about anything you can stick into a usb port) superior customization and better options for HTPC use then consoles (at least in terms of not being stuck with whatever MS/SONY give you).

Sure PC has it's issues but honestly most annoyances from the past have been pretty much automated (patching, driver updates etc.). Really the only big thing you have to worry about is awful ports which thankfully have become less common over the last couple of years. Then you have sales, a massive back catalog that stretches 20+ years and emulation which can play all those old console games from NES to Wii in better quality then they originally were.

Any downsides a PC has are vastly outweighed by the upsides if you are willing to pay for it and deal with the very occasional tinkering/maintenance involved.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#128doraemonllh1989Posted 8/23/2013 6:47:03 PM
im not trying to troll,but if you saying setup games is EASIER than consoles,you are mad

and

not everybody knows how to built pc

not everybody knows about mods and such
---
I like good games
#129Holoogamooga_Posted 8/23/2013 6:55:25 PM
MizunoRyuu posted...
ITT: Money and convenience aren't an issue.

What PC Elitists everywhere fail to comprehend due to their overly sheltered and money-raining upbringing is that not everyone's willing to spend stupid amounts of money to buy and maintain a high quality gaming rig. Consoles can be bought for dirt cheap, and the games can too. You also don't need to sell an arm and a leg to service, repair and rebuild your console constantly to keep it functional.

Most people who own computers have low-end affordable rigs they use for work and whatever primordial games it can actually manage, and they're not willing to spend stupid amounts of money just so they can play a few games.

I built my own PC two years ago for a little more than a PS3 and there's nothing it hasn't been able to do yet. Oh, and I paid for it myself, plus it hasn't needed to be serviced or repaired. No Red Ring of Death or yellow lights. It just quietly boots and games. It's a "budget" machine, sure, but it gets the job done.
#130NotCeoPosted 8/23/2013 7:05:11 PM
Holoogamooga_ posted...
MizunoRyuu posted...
ITT: Money and convenience aren't an issue.

What PC Elitists everywhere fail to comprehend due to their overly sheltered and money-raining upbringing is that not everyone's willing to spend stupid amounts of money to buy and maintain a high quality gaming rig. Consoles can be bought for dirt cheap, and the games can too. You also don't need to sell an arm and a leg to service, repair and rebuild your console constantly to keep it functional.

Most people who own computers have low-end affordable rigs they use for work and whatever primordial games it can actually manage, and they're not willing to spend stupid amounts of money just so they can play a few games.

I built my own PC two years ago for a little more than a PS3 and there's nothing it hasn't been able to do yet. Oh, and I paid for it myself, plus it hasn't needed to be serviced or repaired. No Red Ring of Death or yellow lights. It just quietly boots and games. It's a "budget" machine, sure, but it gets the job done.

So you built a gaming PC for a "little more" than $300?
Yeah... I call BS on that one.