This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is console vs PC even an argument anymore?

#171skyfire777Posted 8/23/2013 9:20:37 PM
exclusives. hands down
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#172BogePosted 8/23/2013 9:24:50 PM(edited)
Why don't we just start a point system and say like this:

Console cheaper system +1 to consoles
PCs have cheaper game deals (Steam sales, Humble Bundles) +1 to PCs.
Consoles have Halo +1 to consoles
PCs have word processors +1 to PCs
PCs have better resolution +1 to PCs
PCs have mouse and keyboard along with gamepads +1 to PCs
Consoles have gamepads on big TV with couch +1 Consoles
PCs have gamepads on big TV with couch too, +1 PCs

I'll bet my life PCs end up with the higher score.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#173BogePosted 8/23/2013 9:27:25 PM
skyfire777 posted...
exclusives. hands down

PCs have exclusives. +1 PCs
---
#174DerPancakePosted 8/23/2013 9:27:44 PM
Nick_Chaos007 posted...
- Console exclusives games.
- Consoles are easier to use
- Cheaper. You will not be able to buy a gaming PC for what it cost to buy a console.
- Console last longer (then Laptops). Console will last until the next generation. Laptops 3-6 yrs.
- Less hacking. In todays generation where so many games are online PC by far have more hackers.

As for the PC? Better graphics and mods. That's all it has over consoles and that's it. So for the argument Consoles win hands down still.

Exclusive games. PC has those as well.
Why would you compare a console to a laptop?
Hacking? There is more in consoles. Go look at the old games with multiplayer (if they still have people playing) they are hacked to crap, and as well as new ones. Heck the Last of Us already had hackers in the first week, or just look at the Wii, there is no game that hasn't been hacked in that console.

Also my PC can play games from any year, the xbox 360/Ps3 (unless you bought the fat one) can't play last generation games unless you buy the overpriced digital version they sell you, and lets not forget about the ps4 and the xbox one which don't have backwards compatibility. You get what you pay for, would you rather pay for a cheap gaming system with limited hardware or for a system where you control what hardware goes in it?
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#175PanopictonguyPosted 8/23/2013 9:32:07 PM
If I bought sleeping dogs today for the console I would have been playing it 10hrs ago.

Instead I'm staring at a repair screen.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#176AsucaHayashiPosted 8/23/2013 9:33:18 PM
i honestly hate the apples and oranges argument.

it's a scientific FACT that PCs are much better at many more things than console while the console only caters to very specific and incredibly limited needs and as such, most gamers just have the ability to get far more in return by going with PC.

it's like saying the apple has a much better nutritional value for overall health while the orange only benefits people with scurvy or something.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#177BogePosted 8/23/2013 9:47:51 PM(edited)
Nick_Chaos007 posted...
- Console exclusives games.
- Consoles are easier to use
- Cheaper. You will not be able to buy a gaming PC for what it cost to buy a console.
- Console last longer (then Laptops). Console will last until the next generation. Laptops 3-6 yrs.
- Less hacking. In todays generation where so many games are online PC by far have more hackers.

As for the PC? Better graphics and mods. That's all it has over consoles and that's it. So for the argument Consoles win hands down still.

I'll give you easier to use and maybe the hacking thing, although I've recently heard Dark Souls on consoles has more hackers than PC.

Exclusives don't count because PC has exclusives as well. Yes, consoles have some awesome exclusives which make them worth buying. But that isn't a "vs PC" argument. You don't buy a console over something else because it has exclusives. You might buy it because it has those certain exclusives, but that goes for every system. You buy Xbox for Halo and Fable. You buy PS for Metal Gear or Uncharted. You buy PC for Warcraft and Civilization. It all evens out. No system has an advantage when it comes to exclusives. That's apples and oranges right there.

Cheaper doesn't count because in the time I have my PC and the humble bundles, steam sales, etc. depending on how long, it's probably about the same price or cheaper for a PC. I can buy like 7 good games for $1 in a Humble Bundle. How much would all those games cost you on a console? How much did your screen cost you to hook up your console? Also, most people own a PC already which cost them $300-$500. Guess what? For another $200-$300, you can throw a real video card in there and have a better than console gaming PC. So really a gaming PC doesn't cost anything more than a console if you look at it that way.

And how long a PC lasts? I have friends that are still playing all the games we play on their systems from 2005. They don't seem to be complaining. I mean, they essentially have a console quality experience anyway. They just don't get the bells and whistles that a better PC would provide, which is exactly why most people buy a new system in 3-5 years. At least PC has the option to get a new system with better graphics whenever they feel like it. Console gamers have to wait every 8 years to get an upgrade.

To me, the whole PCs vs Consoles thing is just the inferior game system fans trying to defend their choice because they're self conscious about it.
---
#178Bacca7Posted 8/23/2013 9:59:52 PM
it isnt, its an opinion
#179CruorComaPosted 8/23/2013 10:17:03 PM(edited)
It's still an argument because PC is the last platform many companies care to cater to. The wait for GTA V, complete lack of RDR, only just getting MK this year and the plethora of horrible ports are a testament to that. Maybe PC's would be more appealing if the "master race" weren't treated with contempt by much of the industry. At the end of the day; frame rate, resolution and draw distance be damned, the only thing that really matters is games, and admittedly PC often get's the short end of the stick in that regard.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#180AsucaHayashiPosted 8/23/2013 10:19:33 PM(edited)
CruorComa posted...
It's still an argument because PC is the last platform many companies care to cater to. The wait for GTA V, complete lack of RDR, only just getting MK this year and the plethora of horrible ports are a testament to that. Maybe PC's would be more appealing if the "master race" weren't treated with contempt by much of the industry.

so two games, one of which is almost guaranteed to come later.... goddamn i just NEED A CONSOLE NAO(even though i already have one).

also, you're acting as if this is a PC-only thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_The_Lost_and_Damned
It was first released for the Xbox 360 on 17 February 2009[3] and on PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Windows on 13 April 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_The_Ballad_of_Gay_Tony
released for the Xbox 360 on 29 October 2009.[2] It was then released for the PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Windows on 13 April 2010.

oh look, PS3 owners who had to wait just as long as PC owners before they could play the new content.

it's called business and unless you're going to go with the idiotic assumption that all console gamers own all consoles across all generations, then acknowledge that companies only have their own best interests at heart but only PC gamers feel it the most because it's a single open platform which is also one of its most important assets.

coincidentally this is also one of(if not the)biggest flaw of console gaming:

where's witcher 2/L4D1 and 2/minecraft etc. on PS3?

how long did PS3 owners have to wait for the entire ME series to arrive?

where is DCUO on 360? or FF14? is planetside 2 going to be on the xbone?

somethingsomething Wii U(no specifics because it's already up to its own ass in enough problems).

you know what platform ALL those games are on? the PC.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/