This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is console vs PC even an argument anymore?

#181CruorComaPosted 8/23/2013 11:19:03 PM
If you're going to flat out deny that the PC demographic gets screwed more often that of consoles, there's really nothing I can do for you,
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#182AsucaHayashiPosted 8/23/2013 11:20:52 PM
CruorComa posted...
If you're going to flat out deny that the PC demographic gets screwed more often that of consoles, there's really nothing I can do for you,

oh look, you're lumping the entire demographic of console owners into one unit.

go away peasant.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#183CruorComaPosted 8/23/2013 11:24:14 PM
Oh look, a PC gamer with a complex; unique, new and exciting. Some of us like both Coke and Pepsi.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#184BogePosted 8/23/2013 11:28:06 PM
CruorComa posted...
It's still an argument because PC is the last platform many companies care to cater to. The wait for GTA V, complete lack of RDR, only just getting MK this year and the plethora of horrible ports are a testament to that. Maybe PC's would be more appealing if the "master race" weren't treated with contempt by much of the industry. At the end of the day; frame rate, resolution and draw distance be damned, the only thing that really matters is games, and admittedly PC often get's the short end of the stick in that regard.

Even the shabbiest port is still the best version for PC. See Dark Souls for example.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#185JustThrowMoneyPosted 8/23/2013 11:34:51 PM(edited)
- I'm incompetent when it comes to fixing stuff on my PC.
- All of my friends play on console.
- I can't play certain games on PC.
- I'd rather have a dedicated device.

All that being said, I could easily be convinced to make PC my weapon of choice. I could become more tech-savvy, my friends and I barely buy/play the same games, there are enough games for PC that I like, and I could buy a PC just for gaming.
---
Proud to be EPic.
"Vector calculus!" --Dive, Divekick
#186BogePosted 8/23/2013 11:39:22 PM
I work with a guy that was all console. I remember having discussions about it to him and how PC gaming was better. He wouldn't bother. He then bought a laptop which was rather capable of gaming. He has been a PC gamer since and recently just spent over $2000 to make himself another gaming machine.

So, to any of you that are arguing that consoles are the better gaming experience, have you actually gamed on a PC? I used to be a "consoles are better" guy, but I've converted too. It's not that I don't like consoles anymore. I love them. I buy most of them still because I love games and want to play Mario and Uncharted. But when it comes down to it, the PC gives you SOOOO MUCH MORE. I just think most that argue for consoles just don't know.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#187Snuckie7Posted 8/23/2013 11:42:12 PM
CruorComa posted...

PC gamers really do get screwed; they're forced to buy the more expensive, inferior version of nearly every multiplat ever.

o wait
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#188AsucaHayashiPosted 8/23/2013 11:58:47 PM
So, to any of you that are arguing that consoles are the better gaming experience, have you actually gamed on a PC? I used to be a "consoles are better" guy, but I've converted too. It's not that I don't like consoles anymore. I love them. I buy most of them still because I love games and want to play Mario and Uncharted. But when it comes down to it, the PC gives you SOOOO MUCH MORE. I just think most that argue for consoles just don't know.

i divide them into 3 categories of peasantry.

-peasants who used to game on PCs long before steam when hardware was pretty expensive or games were more complex to get going than today, but still use the standards from way back when to judge PC gaming(and price of hardware) today.

-peasants who believe everything every other peasant tells them to be truth and thus, reaffirming their own peasant beliefs which they probably first bought into from industry "experts" online whilst pretending said experts were anything but paid off.

-peasants who are faux PC gamers and claim they know everything about PC gaming and probably have a rig of their own, but still use peasant logic like "it just doesn't feel right to play this game on PC" or "sometimes i just wanna kick back and relax while gaming" etc.

it has reached the point where the only type of opinion i can trust not to be messed up by ignorance or fanboyism is the one coming from a lifelong console gamer that finally decided to switch over to PC gaming whilst only keeping one console as supplement.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#189DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/24/2013 12:21:00 AM
MidgardDragon99 posted...
CoolFangs posted...
Benjamin_Button posted...
Exclusives like GTAV

There is like a 99% chance there will be a port within a year.

Have fun waiting a year.

I will, seeing as I have, like, 300 games I've barely touched.
I don't get the deal with release hype. Are console peasants that starved for games?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#190nodleyPosted 8/24/2013 12:41:57 AM
It mazes me that people really think a PC is so much better.
---
http://betweenlifeandgames.com