This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is console vs PC even an argument anymore?

#201jfloydLunarPosted 8/24/2013 3:21:04 AM
kill2this posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
PC elitists fail to see any advantages to console gaming, namely preference. I like to play sitting on my couch or lying on my bed, not hunched up on my desk. And before "hurr durr you can connect PC to your tv" you're assuming I'm willing to constantly disconnect and connect my PC while also moving it between rooms in some cases, just to play on my tv while consoles already do that.

I can see the advantages to console gaming (hence why I also own consoles) but that's just silly, if I wanted to play my 360 in bed I'd have to move that between rooms as well.

No, the really silly thing is some people actually own more than one Xbox 360 or PS3 etc. for the very sake of not having to do that.
---
Currently playing Lunar: Dragon Song, Xenoblade Chronicles, and BioShock Infinite.
#202SuperVegito2487Posted 8/24/2013 3:23:04 AM
Boge posted...
SuperVegito2487 posted...
the price...

even with my dads help i need 5000.. for a decent desktop... and thats used, without accesories which must also be bought, luckily my demands for mouse and keyboard are pretty low.

mouse, 2 buttons and the wheel, usb driven.

keyboard also usb driven with the extra numpad.

its the screen thats the big whopper... my tv is NOT good enough... doesnt work with my current laptop.

NOW x1 (which is the expensive one).... 4200...

now i know thats not much but you wont need to upgrade those for longer time than a pc

if we disregard rrod the 360 has lived 8 years, before its successor

doubt you could have gotten a pc during 05 that can run me3 at max res and max settings, for max design screen.. hell i dont think 2560x1600 existed back then.

Holy ******88888811!!! I don't even know what to say. I'd have a hard time spending $5000 on a computer and not wasting half of that money on junk! You're doing it wrong. Tell your dad that too!

As for a PC in 05 running Mass Effect 3 (I'm guessing?) at max res and max settings...well, a 360 doesn't do that either. The 360 version has worse textures, much lower framerate, and 720p resolution? Oh, and a 360 can't do a ton of other things that a PC can do as well. You should know, you have a $5000 machine!! By the way, you can get a decent monitor for $100-$150. I don't think you know how to spend money...nor your dad! Come here and get recommendations next time before you WASTE so much money.

first off i dont own it, it was the best option on a used site

SECOND i thought by saying x1 for 4200 you would NOTICE i was, and still am NOT talking about dollars but DKK, danish money, which is about 1/7th of a dollar atm.

Thirdly my pc, laptop 2 years old, cant run it as good as a 360, under same fps requirements, and for some reason even WITH full max settings AKA EVERYTHING, my 360 version is still better, and idk why.

Fourthly i have been talking with my dad for help about changing, 5000 isnt much, but its decent, a 1/10 scale usually works pretty well, i will be using 449 to buy GTA 5 from coolshop.dk, but gamestop probably charges 549-600 which is about 1/10th of your gamestop prices for, i believe its called AAA games?

FIFTHLY and finally, consoles NEVER has to worry about system specs...

the best pc ive ever seen (overdesigned sure 48gb ram) was 113000
the best... acceptable price range laptop is an msi model for just under 21000

i was pretty sure i was making it obvious i was NOT talkin US dollars.
---
Adam Savage: LET'S PILLAGE
Tory Bellici: I don't think that's legal in California
#203kill2thisPosted 8/24/2013 3:30:12 AM(edited)
Most users on this board tend to be from the USA, so it helps if you state the currency if you're not going to use USD, I always specify when I list a price I'm using GBP.

Edit: Even still 5000DKK is near enough $900 so that should have netted a pretty nice rig.
---
i5 3570k @4.2ghz 120gb OCZ ssd, 2TB Barracuda , Corsair h60, GTX770,8gb Corsair ram, Xonar DG, CM690 ii (white) GS800 P8z77 VLX2
#204VladoPosted 8/24/2013 3:35:33 AM
PC has ALWAYS been in the lead in terms of versatility. The ONLY advantage consoles have ever had are some console-exclusive games.
---
Blitzball fan? Try Captain Tsubasa II (in English) for NES!
Best game reviews: http://betweenlifeandgames.com
#205jfloydLunarPosted 8/24/2013 3:41:45 AM
I figured you were talking about some other currency, but without denoting it, we wouldn't know.
---
Currently playing Lunar: Dragon Song, Xenoblade Chronicles, and BioShock Infinite.
#206punu40Posted 8/24/2013 3:58:20 AM
Exclusive titles and convenience. Thats good enough reason
#207Solid---SteakPosted 8/24/2013 4:13:01 AM
I don't know much about PC hardware and the technical side of things, which is why I play console.
It does the job for me, I don't see why everyone freaks out about graphics.
#208Jeh64Posted 8/24/2013 4:14:15 AM
Comfort is why I prefer consoles.
#209Reginleif20Posted 8/24/2013 4:15:27 AM
Solnot posted...
Seriously, I can't think of anything positive that a console has over the PC right now. Unless of course you buy one for your kid to keep him off of your PC. The PC is an "all-in-one" entertainment solution. Consoles are just locked down PCs. If controllers are keeping you gaming on the console, you can just buy the same console specific controller for PC use.

I will be the first to admit that computer gaming went through something of a dark age a few years back, but now it is in the lead by a huge margin. Can someone honestly convince me of reasons to buy a console over a PC?

Console exclusives, duh
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#210The_Man_On_FirePosted 8/24/2013 4:29:45 AM
LOL @ this topic trying hard to keep PC " gaming " relevant

" but but... we got steam "