This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is console vs PC even an argument anymore?

#241PathlessBulletPosted 8/24/2013 9:02:44 AM
Too many pirates on PC. I don't like playing with dishonest people.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#242Cloud75xPosted 8/24/2013 9:56:53 AM(edited)
Snuckie7 posted...
But you can play console games from the couch.

pffff

OBVIOUSLY YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF WEB TV!!!111~

PathlessBullet posted...

never seen a homebrew wii or an modded xbox with a 1TB hard drive before?

the wii is debatable, but the modded xbox pisses me off...
---
"That which does not become part of the one, shall become one with the void."
#243P00DGEPosted 8/24/2013 9:56:31 AM
Snuckie7 posted...
But you can play console games from the couch.

I am on my PC on the couch. I have my PC hooked up to my projector. I sit back on my couch with my 150+ inch HD screen playing PC games all the time.
#244no1oblivionfanPosted 8/24/2013 10:10:13 AM(edited)
PathlessBullet posted...

There's probably the same amount of Wii pirates as PC pirates, also you seem to completely negate the fact that you can pirate on the Xbox if you know basic soldering.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
GT: DanDan4000
#245no1oblivionfanPosted 8/24/2013 10:09:44 AM
JKatarn posted...
burizadokyanon posted...
So, I decided to pop back in here to see how the flame war was going on. You idiots are still at it, I see.

Listen to the few people who had added reason to conversation, for crying out loud.

I play games on PC, PS3 and Wii. They each offer things the others don't. They all have advantages and disadvantages and that's why sticking to just one because "it's better" is a stupid, childish answer. If you can't accept that, sorry, but it seems logic defies you.

Logic/reason have no place in the land of ignorance, shut-ins and eternal basement dwellers that is GameFAQs.

Yet here we are..
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
GT: DanDan4000
#246JKatarnPosted 8/24/2013 12:44:38 PM
PathlessBullet posted...

Because of course console players NEVER mod their console/pay someone to mod their console so they can play pirated copies of games, and they NEVER offer to sell XBLA accounts and game lobbies etc....oh right, they do.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#247JKatarnPosted 8/24/2013 12:46:09 PM
no1oblivionfan posted...
JKatarn posted...
burizadokyanon posted...
So, I decided to pop back in here to see how the flame war was going on. You idiots are still at it, I see.

Listen to the few people who had added reason to conversation, for crying out loud.

I play games on PC, PS3 and Wii. They each offer things the others don't. They all have advantages and disadvantages and that's why sticking to just one because "it's better" is a stupid, childish answer. If you can't accept that, sorry, but it seems logic defies you.

Logic/reason have no place in the land of ignorance, shut-ins and eternal basement dwellers that is GameFAQs.

Yet here we are..

A few specks of sand in a desert of poor spelling, grammar, and shaky/emotional rationale.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#248dillpickle69Posted 8/24/2013 12:47:07 PM
kill2this posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
PC elitists fail to see any advantages to console gaming, namely preference. I like to play sitting on my couch or lying on my bed, not hunched up on my desk. And before "hurr durr you can connect PC to your tv" you're assuming I'm willing to constantly disconnect and connect my PC while also moving it between rooms in some cases, just to play on my tv while consoles already do that.

I can see the advantages to console gaming (hence why I also own consoles) but that's just silly, if I wanted to play my 360 in bed I'd have to move that between rooms as well.

Well you can play your 360 on your couch at least, I just put playing in bed in case you did that instead of playing on your couch.
---
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4589412067_e501411c4f.jpg
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#249dillpickle69Posted 8/24/2013 12:56:47 PM
KCGemini posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
PC elitists fail to see any advantages to console gaming, namely preference. I like to play sitting on my couch or lying on my bed, not hunched up on my desk. And before "hurr durr you can connect PC to your tv" you're assuming I'm willing to constantly disconnect and connect my PC while also moving it between rooms in some cases, just to play on my tv while consoles already do that.

If you have a long enough HDMI cable or assuming your PC is pretty much right beside your console (like mine), then you can easily do with a PC exactly what you do with a console. It's not failing to see preference that you don't have such a setup or are unwillingly to do it.

Of course, while playing certain PC games with a controller is highly recommended, other games would be hard if not impossible to do so. Most console style PC games however, do work with a controller. Some games (especially with multiplayer) will put you at a significant disadvantage, though.

Also just like a console, you can leave your HDMI cable in. (And for even more speedy results, press windows + P to change your monitor to your HD TV immediately) You're making it sound like much more work than it really is.

But most people don't have their PCs right beside their consoles, my PC for example is in a completely different room from any tv. If you have a long enough HDMI cable then sure you can do it, but it still needs to be close enough to the tv, otherwise you'd be having a 20ft cable across your house, which you'd have to unplug and replug when you want to play, which leads back to what I said about not wanting to do that every time I play.

I'll admit you pointed out that if I had both tv and PC in the same room and in close enough vicinity to easily leave the HDMI plugged in that would eliminate the comfort argument, but that doesn't really apply most of the time.

So far my view of PC advantages is:

Better graphics
Steam
Mods

And the disadvantages that don't appear in consoles is:

Price
Maintenance
Comfort
More friends and players online
Exclusives

Also I'm probably alone in this, but the graphic improvement in most PC games vs console games isn't so big of a deal that I'd prefer a PC over consoles just for that, to go by that logic you'd need to be a true blue graphics whore.
---
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4589412067_e501411c4f.jpg
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#250Bossdog421Posted 8/24/2013 1:40:27 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
KCGemini posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

If you have a long enough HDMI cable or assuming your PC is pretty much right beside your console (like mine), then you can easily do with a PC exactly what you do with a console. It's not failing to see preference that you don't have such a setup or are unwillingly to do it.

Of course, while playing certain PC games with a controller is highly recommended, other games would be hard if not impossible to do so. Most console style PC games however, do work with a controller. Some games (especially with multiplayer) will put you at a significant disadvantage, though.

Also just like a console, you can leave your HDMI cable in. (And for even more speedy results, press windows + P to change your monitor to your HD TV immediately) You're making it sound like much more work than it really is.

But most people don't have their PCs right beside their consoles, my PC for example is in a completely different room from any tv. If you have a long enough HDMI cable then sure you can do it, but it still needs to be close enough to the tv, otherwise you'd be having a 20ft cable across your house, which you'd have to unplug and replug when you want to play, which leads back to what I said about not wanting to do that every time I play.

But.. if you want to game from your couch you could just put it next to your TV. Nothing is stopping you. My PC uses the same length cable my PS3 does. You can use a controller or a wireless keyboard / mouse right from your couch. A simple TV tray makes a KB/mouse work just fine while I'm fully reclined in my la z boy.

It's damn easy to do i don't understand why people think its impossible to play from the couch.

On a side note, even most new PC games are at least 10 bucks cheaper at release than than consoles games brand new. Add in sales any the small difference in initial cost goes away quickly.

Stop being poor and get a PC along with a console or 2.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll