This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is console vs PC even an argument anymore?

#251FLAWLESSCROWNSPosted 8/24/2013 1:50:06 PM
local coop
sitting on my couch (YOU CAN DO THIS ON PC YOU KNOW YEAH I COULD BUT ITS JUST A LITTLE TOO MUCH EFFORT EVERY TIME I WANT TO PLAY A VIDEOGAME)
tv is bigger, nicer
driving games, sports games, fighting games, all games but fps and rts (OH BUT YOU CAN USE A CONT ON UR PC TOO YOU KNOW YEAH I KNOW BUT WHATEVER)
i play a lot of games while my gf watches, easier to do on a console

I got a PC and a PS3, with those I'm pretty much covered for all games I want to play. For me, console vs PC isn't an "argument anymore" cuz I just play both.
---
http://www.damnlol.com/pics/225/41648574c040cb4ff5fa052369c63dc5.gif
#252KCGeminiPosted 8/24/2013 4:24:21 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
And the disadvantages that don't appear in consoles is:

Price
Maintenance
Comfort
More friends and players online
Exclusives

Price:

Someone already made a PS4-like PC that didn't cost too much actually. It was around 520$ last time I checked due to how parts fluctuate in price. Also considering that pretty much everyone is gonna get PSN a PS4's true cost is along the lines of 450$.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EU2V

However, PC games tend to go down in price far faster than console games which makes up for the savings in the end. That's not even including bundles or promotions on games that make most console games seem quite expensive by comparison.

Also, due to how the prices go, this could be even lower with deals and just time making parts obsolete.
Of course, consoles also get lower in price as well.

Maintenance:

A PC is exactly like a console barring the user is careful when building it. The only maintenance is dusting it, and even without that a PC would be fine for a long time. Of course, unlike a console, it can be upgraded. So...how is that a disadvantage?

Oh, parts breaking. Of course in this being a (dis)advantage depends on how savvy the user is with PC's in general. Even buying a store computer (which I don't recommend ever) should last as long as the average console.

Comfort:

As I said earlier, that's entirely at the discretion of the user. Your PC may be too far away, but mine is close enough to both my bed and my chair. As this is the case, it makes this point moot.

More friends and players online:

The first part is up to the person and the second one is debatable as consoles are far more popular as gaming devices considering that's their main point. Of course if you were to talk about just general use then the PC easily trumps here. Which is why both the Xbox One and PS4 are trying to reach to said larger audience. I don't really see this as a disadvantage.

Exclusives:

Last time I checked, the PC had more exclusives than the big three...combined.
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#253killkountPosted 8/24/2013 4:39:38 PM
Look at you all still arguing over this like children.
---
break it down
roll it up
#254aka7_40_suPosted 8/24/2013 8:09:59 PM
the great thing about consoles there plug and play, i remember spending frustrating afternoons trying to make my games work on pc not fun at all.

driver needs updating!
my graphics card cant handle the new games!

and so on but with my console ill play the same game my friends are playing and it lasts for atleast 5 years, how long well a new pc last before its out of date? not long.
#255a687947Posted 8/24/2013 8:25:00 PM
games
#256ggf162Posted 8/24/2013 9:10:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#257king_maddenPosted 8/26/2013 8:42:08 PM
KCGemini posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
And the disadvantages that don't appear in consoles is:

Price
Maintenance
Comfort
More friends and players online
Exclusives

Price:

Someone already made a PS4-like PC that didn't cost too much actually. It was around 520$ last time I checked due to how parts fluctuate in price. Also considering that pretty much everyone is gonna get PSN a PS4's true cost is along the lines of 450$.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EU2V

However, PC games tend to go down in price far faster than console games which makes up for the savings in the end. That's not even including bundles or promotions on games that make most console games seem quite expensive by comparison.

Also, due to how the prices go, this could be even lower with deals and just time making parts obsolete.
Of course, consoles also get lower in price as well.

Maintenance:

A PC is exactly like a console barring the user is careful when building it. The only maintenance is dusting it, and even without that a PC would be fine for a long time. Of course, unlike a console, it can be upgraded. So...how is that a disadvantage?

Oh, parts breaking. Of course in this being a (dis)advantage depends on how savvy the user is with PC's in general. Even buying a store computer (which I don't recommend ever) should last as long as the average console.

Comfort:

As I said earlier, that's entirely at the discretion of the user. Your PC may be too far away, but mine is close enough to both my bed and my chair. As this is the case, it makes this point moot.

More friends and players online:

The first part is up to the person and the second one is debatable as consoles are far more popular as gaming devices considering that's their main point. Of course if you were to talk about just general use then the PC easily trumps here. Which is why both the Xbox One and PS4 are trying to reach to said larger audience. I don't really see this as a disadvantage.

Exclusives:

Last time I checked, the PC had more exclusives than the big three...combined.

Price-a pc that's like a ps4, still wouldn'. Offer as much, sure looks wise it would be there, but the extra features, and games being optimized to work for the ps4 is better. A pc with ps4 like specs won't have too many games optimized to run on it.

As for games the ability to trade/sell games as well as buying used can greatly decrease how much you spend on games.

Maintenance-I would say more along the lines of dealing with proper drivers, and worrying if your computer can even run certain games.

Comfort-as this is a topic about personal preferences it makes sense that this varies by person, but as I said before I like to game while laying down and it would be too much work moving trays or desks everything I wanted to play some pc games.

More friends and players- while I can't speak for all, but when games tend to be released on all platforms pc doesn't always sell the most so for a lot of people more people are on console games online.

Exclusives-again personal tastes, but more doesn't equal better.

And not to mention going pretty much 100% digital for games is a turnoff for a lot of people. Not 100% but it's getting harder and harder to find local physical pc games.
#258TheFeshPincePosted 8/26/2013 8:42:39 PM
Why won't this thread die?
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#259jfloydLunarPosted 8/26/2013 8:43:38 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
Why won't this thread die?

Because you keep posting on it?
---
Currently playing Lunar: Dragon Song, Xenoblade Chronicles, and BioShock Infinite.
#260DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/27/2013 1:10:25 AM
king_madden posted...
Price-a pc that's like a ps4, still wouldn'. Offer as much, sure looks wise it would be there, but the extra features, and games being optimized to work for the ps4 is better. A pc with ps4 like specs won't have too many games optimized to run on it.

As for games the ability to trade/sell games as well as buying used can greatly decrease how much you spend on games.

Maintenance-I would say more along the lines of dealing with proper drivers, and worrying if your computer can even run certain games.

Comfort-as this is a topic about personal preferences it makes sense that this varies by person, but as I said before I like to game while laying down and it would be too much work moving trays or desks everything I wanted to play some pc games.

More friends and players- while I can't speak for all, but when games tend to be released on all platforms pc doesn't always sell the most so for a lot of people more people are on console games online.

Exclusives-again personal tastes, but more doesn't equal better.

And not to mention going pretty much 100% digital for games is a turnoff for a lot of people. Not 100% but it's getting harder and harder to find local physical pc games.

Features? You mean all those features Sony ripped off of free PC software?
Also, generally, when someone makes a PC with "PS4 like specs", they make it to perform like PS4, regardless of "optimization". You can't actually buy desktop 8-cores low-end enough to compete with PS4 directly.

So can buying games for dirt cheap to begin with. Plus, you can always revisit those games.

How hard is it to update drivers? Seriously, click and go.

Get a Shield.

PC typically has more active communities for older games, and newer games don't have problems with a small userbase unless the game is complete trash.

And less certainly doesn't mean better, especially when consoles provide an inferior experience.

For digital, get with the times. What is this, 1995?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64