This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is console vs PC even an argument anymore?

#261samurai1900Posted 8/27/2013 1:24:02 AM
The better question is, how is life even an argument anymore?

Besides that, ease-of-use, less dedication needed to operate the system at its fullest capacity and if you have many friends who are console only gamers, the multiplayer option is there for that on the same platform, since only few games have cross platform multiplayer.

On the other hand, some of the strengths of consoles are waning, like split screen and exclusive game count.
---
For Shuppet fans and lovers - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ShuppetForLife
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperSamurai190//
#262S0ul_Th13fPosted 8/27/2013 1:02:33 PM
For digital, get with the times

Tell that to my ISP and my bank account...

---
"Everything's for sale my friend, everything. If I had a sister, I'd sell her in a second" - Many merchants in Skyrim.
#263stalker_sanPosted 8/27/2013 2:20:26 PM
-Ease of use. Just plug the console in and play.
-PC gaming forces me to use an inferior OS on my PC (Wine doesn't work with a lot of games). I know there is dual-boot, that that is far from being comfortable.
-DRM. Consoles don't have as much account binding with games. Unless the game in an online-only game, I cannot accept that I might lose access to my game due to DRM in the future. Also, I insist on my right to sell and rent games, as well as my right to buy games used.
-Physical distribution. I trust cartridges and blu-ray more than I trust a hard drive (or a download server which will eventually cancel its service in the future anyways). PC gaming more and more focuses on digital.
-Local multiplayer.
-Exclusives. My preferred genre is JRPGs, so PC is not an option.
-Couch setups exist, but are far from being comfortable. Wireless keyboards suck (unless you are a rubberdome peasant), and using them for games like RTS on a couch just seems ridiculous. Even more so, if you want to do work on the same PC, you have to find a different solution.
---
Games in gamer's hands, to ensure our freedom! Against DRM, Digital Distribution and Steam!!!
Just pretend Bravely Default is the real Final Fantasy XV
#264Groudon199Posted 8/27/2013 2:23:36 PM
I stick with console gaming for a few reasons.

1) Most of the games I've had any interest in are either console-exclusive or are on both.
2) When I want a console game, I know it'll run at full speed. On PC, I have to look it up (although most of them don't run at full speed on my PC anyway).
3) There are only two games I have interest in in that are PC-exclusive, and they already run on my current PC, so there's no reason for me to buy a new one.
#265NingishzidaPosted 8/27/2013 5:17:28 PM(edited)
Groudon199 posted...
1) Most of the games I've had any interest in are either console-exclusive or are on both.

the ones on both will be superior on PC

2) When I want a console game, I know it'll run at full speed.

lol, it must inspire consumer confidence to KNOW you gonna get 15-30fps, without fail! meanwhile ima stick to at least double the fidelity and framerate, as well as non-existent loadtimes, 4096*4096 tex-upscale mods and ENBs (just scratching the surface here), if that's ok with you.

On PC, I have to look it up (although most of them don't run at full speed on my PC anyway).

get a gaming PC, it runs everything

3) There are only two games I have interest in that are PC-exclusive, and they already run on my current PC, so there's no reason for me to buy a new one.

i think you just have a narrow, uncultivated taste on the PC platform, prolly cuz you don't have a proper gaming PC that can handle mods

stalker_san posted...
-Ease of use. Just plug the console in and play.

and wait for it to load...
#266Groudon199Posted 8/27/2013 6:00:28 PM
Ningishzida posted...
2) When I want a console game, I know it'll run at full speed.

lol, it must inspire consumer confidence to KNOW you gonna get 15-30fps, without fail! meanwhile ima stick to at least double the fidelity and framerate, as well as non-existent loadtimes, 4096*4096 tex-upscale mods and ENBs (just scratching the surface here), if that's ok with you.

Only one of the games I've played has dipped to 15fps during normal gameplay, and it's just on the PS3 version. Not every game I own runs at 60fps (or close to it), and those that run at 30fps I'm okay with. As for load times, I've gotten used to them. If you asked me when the PS1 came out, I would have replied differently.

Ningishzida posted...
3) There are only two games I have interest in that are PC-exclusive, and they already run on my current PC, so there's no reason for me to buy a new one.

i think you just have a narrow, uncultivated taste on the PC platform, prolly cuz you don't have a proper gaming PC that can handle mods

It's more like I have a "narrow" taste on games in general.
#267DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/27/2013 6:23:20 PM
S0ul_Th13f posted...
For digital, get with the times

Tell that to my ISP and my bank account...

Do it yourself.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#268InfernalDranzerPosted 9/2/2013 8:51:12 PM
Simple, you push the button on your console and you can play your game, no distractions, no lagg, no laptop that is getting too old to play your game or overheating/crashing.
Not to forget the fact that the way you sit and play is so different when playing on a laptop/console.

Not that I prefer console gaming, I like both, this would be its merits in my eyes;)
#269TheFeshPincePosted 9/2/2013 8:52:17 PM
jfloydLunar posted...
TheFeshPince posted...
Why won't this thread die?

Because you keep posting on it?

lol yes I posted 270 messages.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#270Snuckie7Posted 9/2/2013 8:54:45 PM
InfernalDranzer posted...
Simple, you push the button on your console and you can play your game, no distractions, no lagg, no laptop that is getting too old to play your game or overheating/crashing.
Not to forget the fact that the way you sit and play is so different when playing on a laptop/console.

Not that I prefer console gaming, I like both, this would be its merits in my eyes;)

Unfortunately, everything in bold applies (possibly moreso than to PCs) to consoles.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W