This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Win a free Humble Bundle game code with VINTAGE COMPUTER TRIVIA!

#1RetrowirePosted 8/23/2013 2:08:34 PM
Welcome one! Welcome all! Welcome to those both big and small!

Here's how we're going to do this. I will ask a vintage computer related trivia question and the first to answer, wins the prize! Remember this trivia game is for fun, it's for all of you computer enthusiasts out there who just enjoy testing your knowledge and learning more about the subject you love. Yes, I could just hand out the codes, but that's not as fun or rewarding for those who enjoy trivia and the thrill of a game. After all, we are gamers aren't we? GG, friends.

SOME NEW ADDITIONAL RULES/INFO:
1) If you answer incorrectly, you'll have a minimum of 5 minutes before trying to answer again. This prevents people flooding until they get the correct answer.
2) New users are NOT eligible for the prizes. I will check your status before considering your answer. This is to prevent non GameFAQs regulars from an attempt at the prize, and to prevent mule accounts from trying multiple times.
3) Winners will be notified of their success within this thread and will be PM'd their prize immediately.
4) Sore losers exist and that's sad but I don't pity them here. If you didn't answer correctly, or answer fast enough, I give my apologies, but I'm not pulling strings.
5) If you post the correct answer and I don't notice or respond to it, it's likely because you're on my ignore list. Only the worst kind of users get put on my ignore list as it currently only covers 2 users. D:
6) Edited posts are not allowed as fair answers no matter how fast they were. Be careful when posting your answer the first time! This is to prevent arguments about who posted the answer first. (Even though time stamps are irrefutable evidence to that.) If you answered incorrectly, just wait 5 minutes and you'll have another chance!

Them's the rules!

SO. What's the prize in question for today? (That's right, I'll be coming back.)

YOUR CHOICE of:

1: A free ORIGIN download code for Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box.

2: A free ORIGIN download code for Crysis 2: MAXIMUM EDITION.

3: A free ORIGIN download code for Dead Space.

4: A free ORIGIN OR STEAM download code for Mirror's Edge

5. A free ORIGIN OR STEAM download code for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising

(PLEASE SAY WHICH PRIZE YOU WANT WITHIN YOUR ANSWER :D)

*yaaay applause*

Now, for the trivia question...

This computer was used to create an infamous Apple II game by the name of The Oregon Trail. What is the model of computer that the developer originally used to create this game AND how many people helped Don Rawitsch make the software? Incomplete answers will not qualify, we need the full answer folks!

First person to answer correctly shall WIN THE PRIZE!

After this prize has been won, I will come back and begin another trivia challenge.

Good luck!
---
Not changing this sig until Flipnote3D is released in NA. Started August/12/13
#2MaDHatPosted 8/23/2013 2:11:45 PM
The computer used, and the development team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ZkJd4u0Us
#3Freelance_WolfPosted 8/23/2013 2:12:52 PM(edited)
The HP 2100 minicomputer and 2 people.

Edit: Oh, I guess I lost.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#4Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 2:14:18 PM
MaDHat posted...
The computer used, and the development team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ZkJd4u0Us

Sorry, youtube videos don't qualify as an answer. I need the answer here. Not in a link.
---
#5Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 2:14:48 PM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
The HP 2100 minicomputer and 2 people.

Edit: Oh, I guess I lost.

There is no losing yet! Just wait 5 minutes and try again!
---
#6MaDHatPosted 8/23/2013 2:15:39 PM
I encourage you to view the video.
#7Freelance_WolfPosted 8/23/2013 2:18:25 PM(edited)
The HP 2100 minicomputer, and his two friends Paul Dillenberger and Bill Heinemann.

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Forgot the prize. so I edited it. Dunno if that disqualified me though.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#8Jiblet98Posted 8/23/2013 2:20:09 PM
HP Time-Shared BASIC And 2 friends.

C&C steam please!
#9Freelance_WolfPosted 8/23/2013 2:22:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 2:22:45 PM
Jiblet98 posted...
HP Time-Shared BASIC And 2 friends.

C&C steam please!

HP Time-Shared BASIC is the type of code used, not the computer used, and I'm not sure about that number of accomplices!
---