This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The X-Input wrapper has failed me.

#1YoungAdultLinkPosted 8/23/2013 5:07:08 PM
Turns out it doesn't get along well with Skull Girls, at least not on my system. If I use bluetooth, it just loses out my inputs. A lot. Like, character will just keep walking as if the controller went dead. Not such an issue, usually, but I don't have a comfy place to sit within 2 feet of my desktop right now and I'm staring at a 50 inch TV from no distance away while doing so.

Maybe I should give MotionInJoy another shot... Nah. I'm not any good against real people, anyway. Not with internet latency, at least. So, back to a wired controller and playing Arcade, at least until I learn the characters.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#2TimePharaohPosted 8/23/2013 5:08:12 PM
k
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#3SinisterSlayPosted 8/23/2013 6:58:59 PM
Odd it's a PC game. Why does it need a wrapper for crappy console ports?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4YoungAdultLink(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 7:01:29 PM
Because the PS3 pad doesn't work wirelessly on PC without some middleware driver. I use the wrapper because it's a lot easier than motioninjoy.

Also, it's a console port.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
#5SinisterSlayPosted 8/23/2013 7:03:47 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
Because the PS3 pad doesn't work wirelessly on PC without some middleware driver. I use the wrapper because it's a lot easier than motioninjoy.

Thanks for the warning, I'll avoid it :-)
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6YoungAdultLink(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 7:06:56 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...

It's a 2D fighting game. It doesn't matter that it's a console port <.< It's locked at 60FPS because that's how fighters work, and it actually has one of the best netcode backends behind it.
---
#7DaedalusExPosted 8/23/2013 7:12:03 PM(edited)
The question here is, why are you playing a fighting game with anything other than a stick?
#8SinisterSlayPosted 8/23/2013 7:10:36 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...

It's a 2D fighting game. It doesn't matter that it's a console port <.< It's locked at 60FPS because that's how fighters work, and it actually has one of the best netcode backends behind it.

All of my controllers older than the xbox. So none of them have that button layout. One supports x-input but the buttons map oddly.

These crappy console ports almost never let you remap buttons.
Rather than buying a controller i don't want. I support devs that put the effort into making a game for pc and having and all the customizations that entails.
---
#9YoungAdultLink(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 7:15:23 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...

All of my controllers older than the xbox. So none of them have that button layout. One supports x-input but the buttons map oddly.

These crappy console ports almost never let you remap buttons.
Rather than buying a controller i don't want. I support devs that put the effort into making a game for pc and having and all the customizations that entails.

It has full button remapping, even for the 360 pad. I remapped it right after getting the controller in. It's a full and proper PC port, even if it only has 1 real graphics option besides resolution.

And as to why I'm using a PS3 pad, I don't own a single other fighting game on PC. I have a fight stick for my Genesis, which I don't have a usb converter for, and I never played many fighting games growing up except for my friend's SNES copy of SF2. So, I wasn't going to pay $100 to get a stick just to play Budokai 3 on my PS2, especially since I was 12 at the time it released.

Though I've been considering getting one, because I'm interested in the next SF4, KoF 13 and another game that should be finished porting come February.
---
#10DaedalusExPosted 8/23/2013 7:20:27 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
Though I've been considering getting one, because I'm interested in the next SF4, KoF 13 and another game that should be finished porting come February.

You really should. Playing a fighting game without a stick is the equivalent of playing an FPS without a mouse.