This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall looks AMAZING..wow

#61xBrokenxHaloxPosted 8/24/2013 9:20:29 AM
This game looks fun as hell. Can't wait to pick it up.
---
Just so I can type in CAPS
#62RhymefestPosted 8/24/2013 9:59:07 AM
this reminds me of a conversation i had with a buddy of mine hyping up gta5, when i asked him why it's gonna be "amazing" he couldnt really think of anything other than fanboying out over R*
#63snkboiPosted 8/24/2013 10:01:34 AM
what makes a game amazing? the graphics, the gameplay, the concept, the features, the online, originality

how is this hard to understand?
---
i think it's nice
#64Chaos_MissilePosted 8/24/2013 10:26:43 AM
Trance_Fan posted...
Nicodimus posted...
How does it look AMAZING?
It looks just like every other modern FPS. The only real difference is the mechs.
It looks fine, but AMAZING is really just hyperbole unless you haven't played an FPS in 10 years.

the graphhics are amazing and the game is programmed with 60fps in mind so it's ultra smooth and will easily hit 120fps on pc

this doesn't look like every other fps on the market..nothing since cod 4 modern warfare has been this groundbreaking..expect a lot of copy cats with this game

i played every fps out there, this is fresh

If by every "FPS out there" you mean, in the past 4 or so years, then it is new.

Things is, Battlezone 2: Combat Commander has done this over 15 years ago and is probably one of THE most underrated games PERIOD. You could run on foot and shoot things down or build (yes, BUILD) a mech amonsgst other mechanized units and commandeer it. That game even threw in an RTS mechanic and it still works fine.

Probably the only really new feature this game has is the parkour mechanic and even THAT is preceeded by Mirror's Edge.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#65pfantzypantzPosted 8/24/2013 10:38:06 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Trance_Fan posted...
Nicodimus posted...
It looks just like every other modern FPS. The only real difference is the mechs.
It looks fine, but AMAZING is really just hyperbole unless you haven't played an FPS in 10 years.

the graphhics are amazing and the game is programmed with 60fps in mind so it's ultra smooth and will easily hit 120fps on pc

this doesn't look like every other fps on the market..nothing since cod 4 modern warfare has been this groundbreaking..expect a lot of copy cats with this game

i played every fps out there, this is fresh

If by every "FPS out there" you mean, in the past 4 or so years, then it is new.

Things is, Battlezone 2: Combat Commander has done this over 15 years ago and is probably one of THE most underrated games PERIOD. You could run on foot and shoot things down or build (yes, BUILD) a mech amonsgst other mechanized units and commandeer it. That game even threw in an RTS mechanic and it still works fine.

Probably the only really new feature this game has is the parkour mechanic and even THAT is preceeded by Mirror's Edge.

Finally, your the first person I've seen that showed some love for Battlezone 2, it was a dang good game. I wish there'd be a sequel or aleast bring it to steam, somehow...
#66Trance_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 10:40:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKCH1NoC3jQ

never ever compare a 3d game from 1999 to a game that's getting released in 2014
---
i think it's nice
#67StormKMDPosted 8/24/2013 10:44:47 AM
Too bad it's Origin only :/
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#68DiviDudePosted 8/24/2013 11:00:57 AM(edited)
Trance_Fan posted...
never ever compare a 3d game from 1999 to a game that's getting released in 2014

That's silly.

Also, Battlezone 2 looks awesome, may have to check that one out.
#69Mogu_MoguPosted 8/24/2013 10:50:49 AM
Oh, look, another overdone first person shooter game with shallow gameplay but designed to be instantly gratifying for the mindless masses.

They will lap it up like water in a desert also.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#70PanopictonguyPosted 8/27/2013 11:12:13 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Nicodimus posted...

Didn't know walljumping was such a common FPS feature.

It is they do it in CoD all the time. They zip up into the air and go jumping from roof to rough.

That's why CoD is so Popular, the vertical game play on the huge maps. Not to mention the Giant Mechs you see in every modern CoD.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.