This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall looks AMAZING..wow

#71PanopictonguyPosted 8/27/2013 10:18:26 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Trance_Fan posted...
Nicodimus posted...
How does it look AMAZING?
It looks just like every other modern FPS. The only real difference is the mechs.
It looks fine, but AMAZING is really just hyperbole unless you haven't played an FPS in 10 years.

the graphhics are amazing and the game is programmed with 60fps in mind so it's ultra smooth and will easily hit 120fps on pc

this doesn't look like every other fps on the market..nothing since cod 4 modern warfare has been this groundbreaking..expect a lot of copy cats with this game

i played every fps out there, this is fresh

If by every "FPS out there" you mean, in the past 4 or so years, then it is new.

Things is, Battlezone 2: Combat Commander has done this over 15 years ago and is probably one of THE most underrated games PERIOD. You could run on foot and shoot things down or build (yes, BUILD) a mech amonsgst other mechanized units and commandeer it. That game even threw in an RTS mechanic and it still works fine.

Probably the only really new feature this game has is the parkour mechanic and even THAT is preceeded by Mirror's Edge.

You're reaching...>_>

Something that has only been done 15 years ago, and to a very poor extent doesn't compare.

If you want to consider this generic because somebody did a very horrible attempt at something like this 15 year ago your logic is severely flawed. And since when is Mirrors Edge a fast paced combat focused First Person Shooter?

People like you are the reasons why developers don't take chances like this and try to innovate and step outside of the same old formula.

After this game fails we'll get Battlefield 5 thru 12 & CoD: Modern Warfare 5 - 12, shortly followed by CoD: Futuristic Combat 1 - 10. And I'm sure you guys won't consider those games generic. They'll sell like hotcakes and the gaming medium of entertainment will continue to not be taken seriously by anyone.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#72PanopictonguyPosted 8/27/2013 10:23:31 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Anyone that says that looks like a generic fps is trolling the TC. This reminds me of brink in a way. It's too ambitious. There's too much going on. It may be fun, but if he's targeting the CoD crowd it won't succeed.

They just want generic run, shoot, level up.

It only reminds you of Brink because of the parkour, and as you can see in the gameplay footage it actually works in Titanfall.

It reminds me of Brink because there's a lot more to it than run and shoot things. There's a lot of vertical gameplay. And the titan requires coordination and quick planning.

I mean somebody could simplify it to running around shooting everything trying to get the highest K/D ratio completely ignoring titans and jumping...but what fun would that be? That's like eating a Tofu Steak...
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#73jakisthePosted 8/27/2013 10:45:40 PM
Probably my most hyped game. Dynamic asymmetrical parkour MP? Yes please.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#74akuma634Posted 8/27/2013 10:53:24 PM
Nicodimus posted...

It looks just like every other modern FPS. The only real difference is the mechs.

It looks fine, but AMAZING is really just hyperbole unless you haven't played an FPS in 10 years.

I've been saying this since E3. Why is everyone so hyped for another standard FPS but with robots? Is that really going to change the foundation of the genre? It reminds me of the all hype people had for Homefront just because the North Koreans invade US soil, people assumed it would be the big game changer when in fact it was just a run of the mill FPS. Don't get too hyped until you see some reviews and get to go hands on with it.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#75gibby_1982Posted 8/27/2013 10:56:44 PM
Honestly, the game looks fun, but I can not fathom how anyone considers this revolutionary or evolved. It's a dumbed down version of Starhawk with a side of Mirror's Edge. This is not as unique as people want to believe it is. Also until it's released I think it's healthy to be skeptical.

I think there are going to be serious balancing issues once this goes live. Not saying this won't be worth purchasing or that it will necessarily be bad, but people need to think more independently and not buy into every piece of hype that comes their way. Just my 2 though.
---
PSN: gibby_13
#76DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/28/2013 12:03:28 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Nicodimus posted...

Didn't know walljumping was such a common FPS feature.

It is they do it in CoD all the time. They zip up into the air and go jumping from roof to rough.

That's why CoD is so Popular, the vertical game play on the huge maps. Not to mention the Giant Mechs you see in every modern CoD.

You either haven't played CoD, or didn't watch the game footage.

Trance_Fan posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKCH1NoC3jQ

never ever compare a 3d game from 1999 to a game that's getting released in 2014

Yeah, you're making Respawn feel bad! We should ignore every old game so they can feel special!
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#77SullyTheStrangePosted 8/28/2013 12:07:52 AM
From someone who's become completely disillusioned with CoD... I agree, this looks amazing. Won't have any of the consoles it's on or a PC powerful enough to play though. :\
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#78FeatherwindPosted 8/28/2013 2:38:20 AM
akuma634 posted...
Nicodimus posted...

I've been saying this since E3. Why is everyone so hyped for another standard FPS but with robots? Is that really going to change the foundation of the genre? It reminds me of the all hype people had for Homefront just because the North Koreans invade US soil, people assumed it would be the big game changer when in fact it was just a run of the mill FPS. Don't get too hyped until you see some reviews and get to go hands on with it.

Well I would argue that even the mechs aren't necessarily anything to get excited about.

Like someone said this has technically been done 15 years ago. Battlezone 2 might be underrated but it imo wasn't as much fun as it sounded. Maybe the default maps were too big or I should have played PvP but playing vs. the computer wasn't very fun. By the way there were more games similar to Battlezone - at one point there was an influx of 3d RTS games with FPS or "personal control" stuff which afaik were more or less flawed but the idea is very nice. The idea of being able to build a mech and snipe the drivers of enemy vehicles etc sounded cool but imo the game doesn't work as well as it could have worked. Balancing & making that kind of gameplay work is very hard which is probably the reason we don't get those "personal control" focused RTS games anymore.

A lot of FPS games have vehicles. Titanfall just has a vehicle shaped like a mech. The reason vehicles aren't a main part of most FPS games is because their abilities are influenced by "fluff" reasons too much and/or they are unecessary. This thing seems to have happened here too as the Titans seem to be very large and limited in their movement. There is a big "disconnect" between the on foot FPS controls & gameplay and vehicles - making vehicles work can be very hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with Titanfall because the mechs look & sound cool not because they invented gameplay that needs or benefits from the mechs.

Perhaps they have figured a way to make them work but it was not apparent from this gameplay trailer. It looked like a FPS deathmatch with ordinary FPS vehicles that were just shaped like mechs. I can easily imagine what the trailer would look if the vehicles were tanks for example: aside from the "fluff" it would be almost identical.
#79_LegendaryPunk_Posted 8/28/2013 3:03:39 AM
Eh, there's almost no such thing as an original idea anymore. In that regard I'm more concerned about the execution of an idea, be it new or old. Just because some other game originally came up with the idea fifteen years ago (...and Battlezone 1 >>>>>>> Battlezone 2, no contest) doesn't mean it can't still be fun. Especially if the mechanic is combined with other well implemented gimmicks to create a smooth polished experience.

Also, if you're not excited about the game...then simply avoid the hype topics >_>
---
"But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."
#80Daz_man123Posted 8/28/2013 3:08:05 AM
Game looks amazing for a source engine game.