This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

steam support is awful.

#21richard733(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 1:20:19 AM
it says my account is closed /locked and i've made no purchases or used my account for years.

i used my account once to get portal2 since i bought a ps3 copy.

the only issue i have is why cant they close the account thats tied to my email address?

the only email address that i use.

just let me make a new account with my email or something i havent bought anything! urgh sorry for complaing on blogfaqs because steam staff is not responding.
#22DerPancakePosted 8/24/2013 1:21:48 AM
In times of trouble, a new door opens:

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#23SlaynPosted 8/24/2013 1:23:52 AM
richard733 posted...
it says my account is closed /locked and i've made no purchases or used my account for years.

i used my account once to get portal2 since i bought a ps3 copy.

the only issue i have is why cant they close the account thats tied to my email address?

the only email address that i use.

just let me make a new account with my email or something i havent bought anything! urgh sorry for complaing on blogfaqs because steam staff is not responding.

You admit to being a non-believer, having not used Steam in years and you expect us to help you!?
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#24richard733(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 1:57:03 AM
DerPancake posted...
In times of trouble, a new door opens:

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/

i dont care much for ea.
#25arleasPosted 8/25/2013 12:14:13 AM
I've been using Steam for 9 years and never once used their customer service.

I think you guys have problems.

Duh... that's why you contact Customer Service in the first place.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5PgL.gif
#26jddaman2Posted 8/25/2013 12:27:43 AM(edited)
I remember back when steam first came out I added my HL1 collection on it, hated it and went back to playing online through WON. Then around a year or two later HL2 came out and I tried to get back on my account but forgot my password. It took an entire year to get my password changed. Never again with steam support.
---
Brofistus Maximus
#27MwulfPosted 8/25/2013 12:32:40 AM
CatToy posted...
It really is worse than any support I've ever had to use.

Consider yourself lucky. I had issues with steam randomly removing games from my account, spend 3 weeks trying to get the issue fixed. Eventually I gave up (because steam support sucks ass) and contacted the individual publishers of the missing games, posting the exchanges with steam support. Every single one of them sent me a code to re-register the game within hours.

And that's not even the worst experience I had.

I was one of those poor gamers who got a bad copy of Wild Arms: Alter Code F. It was a dual-layer DVD, and a good portion of the games weren't properly written to the second layer--which you can't actually know until you've played the game to the halfway point, some 40 hours in (so too late to return to retailer).

I spent two and a half years off-and-on talking to a half-dozen different people at Agetec, and they constantly gave me the run-around. Just awful.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#28ShebeskiiPosted 8/25/2013 6:31:12 AM(edited)
overkillwfo1978 posted...
aak57 posted...
It's honestly pretty pathetic how slow their customer support is considering their place in the PC market. They should be able to afford a team large enough to handle the volume of tickets.

Think of Steam like your local DMV or your electric company. Sure, they have customer service, but do they have to be efficient or really care about what you think? No. And why is that? Simple. You don't have really a choice but to use their service.... Sure, you could game on PC without Steam, but how bad would that suck? They are the biggest thing going and they know it, so they deal with your problem when they get good and ready to. If you don't like it, you could always forgo your account and the massive amount of games you have and not use them... they will just attend to the other millions of customers that are growing daily. They are not worried and will not change thier policy because they don't have to. They are "king" of their domain, as it were.

And this is why I think people who blindly hate Origin and other services are morons.

There are perfectly valid reasons to hate Origin and other services, but because "they aren't Steam" is not a valid one.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#29lkhlkhPosted 8/25/2013 6:42:39 AM
there are over 5 million logins everyday and over a 100+ worker ..there will be always loophold on the server..nothing is perfect
---
stop putting me in the same place as you even If you don't like what I love.
#30richard733(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 8:48:41 PM
lkhlkh posted...
there are over 5 million logins everyday and over a 100+ worker ..there will be always loophold on the server..nothing is perfect

it is easier to fail than to succeed.

it is easier to hire employees specifically for support.