This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got a Nexus 7--first time use question

#11Golden MavenPosted 8/23/2013 9:12:11 PM
I can't imagine being on a tablet all day...
#12Doomsday FortePosted 8/23/2013 9:14:56 PM
I can kinda suggest the Zagg Shield whatevers. I've used one on my 2nd gen iTouch, and my tablet. Kinda had an issue with the iTouch in that there's a bit of lint stuck under the shield since I didn't do that good of a job of making sure the path was clear. Tablet...is kinda off, but that was also my fault. They seem to protect pretty well, though it was a bit of insurance because I don't really do much with my stuff. The one for the iTouch came with a backplate shield, and that flat sucked. Didn't stick, so all of the edges were off, and it slowly wore away. It still stuck, but then it's not protecting the entire thing so...

Zagg's stuff comes with the shield you peel off of a sheet, this spray stuff to make it stick (make sure to turn off your hardware of course), and then this little rubber puck so you and shove around air pockets to the edge. It's not really bad, just that I suck at applying it apparently.
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#13TheFeshPincePosted 8/23/2013 9:17:36 PM
Golden Maven posted...
I can't imagine being on a tablet all day...

Ya... I know... I don't get it either.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#14Mwulf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 9:19:14 PM
Yeah, I'm not going to mess with spray ever again. Hated that soooo much.

I did watch a screen stretch test on youtube... it was terrible. This guy took stuff and would just lightly, lightly tap the screen with 'em. But, I figure so long as I keep it in a case and use my finger instead of a stylus I should be good.

And I do have 2-days to opt-in to the Best Buy PRP warranty, which is really good (no-questions asked replacement w/ new version of same item if they still sell it, or a gift card for the original purchase price).
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#15Interceptor1412Posted 8/23/2013 9:22:17 PM
There's a digital user guide on Google Books, a rather cheap way from Google for you to give the app a try, but it's there nonetheless, you didn't see this on the Google Books widget?

I have the original since last year, I only use it at home, I don't think a screen protector is necessary if you're careful with it. I'm rather dissapointed that the 2nd gen still doesn't have Gorilla Glass.
#16SinisterSlayPosted 8/23/2013 10:21:02 PM
I don't use any protector. But i got the case that folds into a stand.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#17d209999Posted 8/23/2013 10:58:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#18SemperFiAngelPosted 8/24/2013 12:38:34 AM
And I do have 2-days to opt-in to the Best Buy PRP warranty, which is really good (no-questions asked replacement w/ new version of same item if they still sell it, or a gift card for the original purchase price).

Get the two year:

New tablet of your choice every two years.
---
Youtube:
www.youtube.com/chrisrey3156