This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are console gamers really ignorant?

#11MackorovPosted 8/23/2013 11:40:11 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Mackorov posted...
Latency does have a significant impact on gameplay. Try playing on a game server with 50 ping and then compare it to one with 200 ping. I have, and it makes a huge difference. The lagger has to rely on bullet leading just to get the shots to register and deal with annoying teleporting freezes.

Look who's the ignorant one here?

Protip: the lagger is the one with the massive ping

Uh, that's what I just said. I referred to myself as the lagger in the post, because i was the one with high ping. Did you read right?
#12TimePharaohPosted 8/23/2013 11:44:56 PM
Mackorov posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Mackorov posted...
Latency does have a significant impact on gameplay. Try playing on a game server with 50 ping and then compare it to one with 200 ping. I have, and it makes a huge difference. The lagger has to rely on bullet leading just to get the shots to register and deal with annoying teleporting freezes.

Look who's the ignorant one here?

Protip: the lagger is the one with the massive ping

Uh, that's what I just said. I referred to myself as the lagger in the post, because i was the one with high ping. Did you read right?

Yes....TC said some peasant claims that the person WITH THE HIGHER PING has the advantage (and he's ignorant because of this claim). YOU proceed to say that the person with the higher ping is the one who has the lag, and the harder time. This is all well and good, except you then proceeded to go "look who's the ignorant one here" implying TC was the ignorant one, when he's the one saying higher ping DOESN'T give you an advantage....something you agree with.

So, I guess the ignorant one is you?
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#13PanopictonguyPosted 8/23/2013 11:46:37 PM
Dark Souls?
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#14MakeHatePosted 8/23/2013 11:58:23 PM
Every time I see one of these "are/do console gamers blah blah blah" it just seems like a self reassurance topic. Oh no, people on another board/video somewhere else said something!" Like you were threatened by it, and had to come running back and say "hey guys, we're still cool right!? Just checking." Who the hell cares what someone else is doing? Let them enjoy their life and you worry about yours.
---
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
#15Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/24/2013 2:07:54 AM
Now in some games a higher ping/latency does provide an advantage. Example, if you lag your connection in WoW while doing Warsong, run the flag. If you get your ping around 2000 you can literally run the flag to the other side without anyone even seeing you, then you stop doing what you're doing that is causing the high ping. You instantly appear to score the points, of course that's cheating but that's an example.

Normally it doesn't provide an advantage at all.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#16_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/24/2013 2:21:55 AM(edited)
No , please just stop this.

Console gamers are not ignorant , and PC gamers are not smart. The choice of game console does not reflect good decision making. Different people look for different things in their gaming platform. PC is the best option for me (despite owning a console as well), other people I know go for a console, and it is not because they are ignorant. I have seen people make the same claim in games such as BF3.

I am not sure whether it is true or not about the latency though. Sometimes, I see people "teleporting around" and it makes them hard to shoot. It is like they are missing information about their surroundings, so they are at a disadvantage, but at the same time, other people on the server are missing information about them, which can be annoying as well. Though I have a hard time believing that having high latency actually is an advantage.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#17ZeraphLordSPosted 8/24/2013 2:18:58 AM(edited)
If you round a corner with high ping, you get to see around the corner before anyone else can see you, because you get to see instantly, while other people won't know you've rounded the corner until your ping time has elapsed. Once they have seen you, they have to kill you before your client registered kill hits the server for verification. No modern game binds client view to the serverstate.

In the case of TF2's scout, it lets you round a corner, blitz your enemy, which is made all the easier because he isn't actively evading against an enemy he can't see yet.

In other situations where you didn't force the sighting of an enemy, it's disadvantageous.

Iscareu is talking along the same lines.

Here we go. This didn't exist the last time I encountered this topic.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/thread/5972
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#18iscareu13Posted 8/24/2013 2:41:07 AM
ZeraphLordS posted...
If you round a corner with high ping, you get to see around the corner before anyone else can see you, because you get to see instantly, while other people won't know you've rounded the corner until your ping time has elapsed. Once they have seen you, they have to kill you before your client registered kill hits the server for verification. No modern game binds client view to the serverstate.

In the case of TF2's scout, it lets you round a corner, blitz your enemy, which is made all the easier because he isn't actively evading against an enemy he can't see yet.

In other situations where you didn't force the sighting of an enemy, it's disadvantageous.

Iscareu is talking along the same lines.

Here we go. This didn't exist the last time I encountered this topic.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/thread/5972

Yup. But don't worry, we will be ignored.
#19claytonbuckleyPosted 8/24/2013 3:54:19 AM
Lag switches exist for a reason TC.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
#20reincarnator07Posted 8/24/2013 3:59:27 AM
Depends if you got dedicated servers.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero