This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are console gamers really ignorant?

#21Hi CPosted 8/24/2013 4:21:06 AM
When I do visit a console system board I almost always spot a topic with a consoler who still doesn't know the difference between publisher/developer....in 2013
---
You'll be my John G.
#22claytonbuckleyPosted 8/24/2013 4:37:05 AM
d209999 posted...
DerPancake.................calling people ignorant?

lol

---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/somonah/
#23ThePCElitistPosted 8/24/2013 5:27:15 AM
It depends on the person but I've heard some incredibly stupid things come from console gamers before.
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, x2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3
#24AsucaHayashiPosted 8/24/2013 5:46:57 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
It depends on the person but I've heard some incredibly stupid things come from console gamers before.

you mean like this?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/67058498/755687456

PC elitists fail to see any advantages to console gaming, namely preference. I like to play sitting on my couch or lying on my bed, not hunched up on my desk. And before "hurr durr you can connect PC to your tv" you're assuming I'm willing to constantly disconnect and connect my PC while also moving it between rooms in some cases, just to play on my tv while consoles already do that.

"i prefer something which therefore makes it an advantage".

XD
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#25xanthan1Posted 8/24/2013 7:16:39 AM
No, people just latch onto the loudest idiots as examples of the entire thing. They're no more all ignorant as everyone on this board is an elitist prick who spends a grand a year upgrading.
#26MakeHatePosted 8/25/2013 3:18:59 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
ThePCElitist posted...

you mean like this?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/67058498/755687456

PC elitists fail to see any advantages to console gaming, namely preference. I like to play sitting on my couch or lying on my bed, not hunched up on my desk. And before "hurr durr you can connect PC to your tv" you're assuming I'm willing to constantly disconnect and connect my PC while also moving it between rooms in some cases, just to play on my tv while consoles already do that.

XD

I cant tell if you are agreeing with the quote you posted or think that the statement:

is wrong.
---
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
#27Damaged7Posted 8/25/2013 3:26:57 PM
Hey this guy on the internet is trolling....I better make a new topic about it cause he damn well trolled me good.

Its okay, we get it TC.
---
Bold Text
#28DerPancake(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 3:28:18 PM
ZeraphLordS posted...
If you round a corner with high ping, you get to see around the corner before anyone else can see you, because you get to see instantly, while other people won't know you've rounded the corner until your ping time has elapsed. Once they have seen you, they have to kill you before your client registered kill hits the server for verification. No modern game binds client view to the serverstate.

In the case of TF2's scout, it lets you round a corner, blitz your enemy, which is made all the easier because he isn't actively evading against an enemy he can't see yet.

In other situations where you didn't force the sighting of an enemy, it's disadvantageous.

Iscareu is talking along the same lines.

Here we go. This didn't exist the last time I encountered this topic.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/thread/5972

It really doesn't matter what ping you have, when you are rounding a corner you always have the upper advantage and more when your character is as fast as the scout.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#29DerPancake(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 3:31:54 PM(edited)
Damaged7 posted...
Hey this guy on the internet is trolling....I better make a new topic about it cause he damn well trolled me good.

Its okay, we get it TC.

No it was just hilarious.

Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Now in some games a higher ping/latency does provide an advantage. Example, if you lag your connection in WoW while doing Warsong, run the flag. If you get your ping around 2000 you can literally run the flag to the other side without anyone even seeing you, then you stop doing what you're doing that is causing the high ping. You instantly appear to score the points, of course that's cheating but that's an example.

Normally it doesn't provide an advantage at all.

In games I played someone with such a high ping is an easy target, you see their character model is immobile and bringing an easy kill.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#30ArsenicOverlordPosted 8/25/2013 3:30:57 PM
MW3's lag compensation was messed up enough that it actually was advantageous to have higher ping. This was a well documented flaw of the game. So while it's obviously erroneous to think it applies to every game, there is at least a very high-profile game where it's true.
---
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em??
Happy user of PowerFAQs 1.11