This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are console gamers really ignorant?

#31BuburibonPosted 8/25/2013 3:39:38 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
It depends on the person but I've heard some incredibly stupid things come from console gamers before.

you mean like this?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/67058498/755687456

PC elitists fail to see any advantages to console gaming, namely preference. I like to play sitting on my couch or lying on my bed, not hunched up on my desk. And before "hurr durr you can connect PC to your tv" you're assuming I'm willing to constantly disconnect and connect my PC while also moving it between rooms in some cases, just to play on my tv while consoles already do that.

"i prefer something which therefore makes it an advantage".

XD

I love that one. The thought of having a dedicated gaming PC that permanently sits in his "TV room" must have never crossed his mind. If I had to drag my office PC around the house in order to play games on a TV, I probably wouldn't do it either.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#32Majoras_pantsPosted 8/25/2013 3:45:10 PM
Console gaming is far more casual. They're ignorant about something but only because they're far less into it than we are.

Let casual gamers be casuals. It's not a big deal.
#33MakeHatePosted 8/25/2013 3:51:34 PM
Buburibon posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
It depends on the person but I've heard some incredibly stupid things come from console gamers before.

you mean like this?

PC elitists fail to see any advantages to console gaming, namely preference. I like to play sitting on my couch or lying on my bed, not hunched up on my desk. And before "hurr durr you can connect PC to your tv" you're assuming I'm willing to constantly disconnect and connect my PC while also moving it between rooms in some cases, just to play on my tv while consoles already do that.

XD

I love that one. The thought of having a dedicated gaming PC that permanently sits in his "TV room" must have never crossed his mind. If I had to drag my office PC around the house in order to play games on a TV, I probably wouldn't do it either.

Or maybe (and this is just a thought here) they dont want to pay to have an office PC and a gaming PC?
---
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
#34BuburibonPosted 8/25/2013 3:58:50 PM
MakeHate posted...
Buburibon posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
ThePCElitist posted...

you mean like this?

XD

Or maybe (and this is just a thought here) they dont want to pay to have an office PC and a gaming PC?

Sure, I fully respect that reasoning. Not being willing/able to pay for 2 separate PCs is a perfectly valid point, but that's nowhere to be found in his argument.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#35LB3Posted 8/25/2013 6:35:16 PM
MakeHate posted...
Every time I see one of these "are/do console gamers blah blah blah" it just seems like a self reassurance topic. Oh no, people on another board/video somewhere else said something!" Like you were threatened by it, and had to come running back and say "hey guys, we're still cool right!? Just checking." Who the hell cares what someone else is doing? Let them enjoy their life and you worry about yours.

Are you saying that people should live their own lives and stop trying to tell other people how to live??? Great Idea and Oh how I wish the world worked this way, but that is not going to happen for a good while. People seem to have a need to try to make everyone else think the same way they do.
---
PSN: Bwleon7 Steam: bwleon79
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. -Albert Einstein