This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what happens when Steam goes away?

#21MagnemightPosted 8/24/2013 8:12:23 AM
So what happens if the Sun goes away?
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against a Shy Guy onslaught!
Download the demo (offsite topic): http://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14596
#22TowerBooks3192Posted 8/24/2013 8:13:25 AM
Out of curiousity, warhammer seemed to be a game that I would like minus the need to log in GFWL, will it be less annoying if GFWL will be gone like I don't require to log in anymore?
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#23Bikes-Posted 8/24/2013 8:14:40 AM
steveboblarry posted...
DerPancake posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Zazabar posted...
I saw recently that Games for Windows Live is shutting down next July and that may prevent gamers from playing their games. Unless developers or modders do something, then we'll be out of luck. We won't be able to authorize those games anymore.

So what happens to my entire Steam library if they go under?

Origin attempts to take over and become the dominant drm service,*shudders*

That would be a good thing. Good Customer support for everyone.

http://images.wikia.com/random-ness/images/c/cc/Grandma_-_What_is_this_i_don't_even.jpg

Yeah...They're faster but not really that efficient, (plus last time that I used it the damn chat thing was freezing left and right) I once had a help representative just google the question I asked since he responded word for word the first response that comes up on google >_> Which I had obviously tried already.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#24xanthan1Posted 8/24/2013 8:35:06 AM
Some other company buys it and they(or Valve I guess) rebrand it with a different name for some reason.

Because lets be honest, do you see it going away anytime soon?
#25NemerlightPosted 8/24/2013 9:01:31 AM
I think Pach said that Valve is making around 750 millions from steam alone... every year. I guess if EA bought it they would find a way to screw it up as they are run by idiots.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.
#26overkillwfo1978Posted 8/24/2013 10:20:42 AM
Nemerlight posted...
I think Pach said that Valve is making around 750 millions from steam alone... every year. I guess if EA bought it they would find a way to screw it up as they are run by idiots.

EA buying Steam would be the worst thing ever. Goodbye awesome, super cheap sales, hello $60 retail for everything! Maybe a $10 discount on a couple old games during X-mas.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#27DerPancakePosted 8/24/2013 10:26:28 AM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
Nemerlight posted...

EA buying Steam would be the worst thing ever. Goodbye awesome, super cheap sales, hello $60 retail for everything! Maybe a $10 discount on a couple old games during X-mas.

Origin is having a sale right now...
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#28overkillwfo1978Posted 8/24/2013 10:32:12 AM
DerPancake posted...
Nemerlight posted...

Yeah. Obviously that survey they took a few weeks ago got their attention when everyone likely trashed them on pricing. I know I did. I filled it out telling them that their pricing was beyond terrible and also said that if Steam were to sell Origin content, there would be no use for their overpriced service. I'm sure thousands of others did the same. Maybe they will make changes for the better and actually compete with their competition as far as pricing goes.

I just checked out the Origin sale, btw and it is decent, but every single one of the games that is available on Steam was cheaper during the Summer sale. Every single one.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#29steveboblarryPosted 8/24/2013 10:54:22 AM
DerPancake posted...
Nemerlight posted...

Yeah. Obviously that survey they took a few weeks ago got their attention when everyone likely trashed them on pricing. I know I did. I filled it out telling them that their pricing was beyond terrible and also said that if Steam were to sell Origin content, there would be no use for their overpriced service. I'm sure thousands of others did the same. Maybe they will make changes for the better and actually compete with their competition as far as pricing goes.

I just checked out the Origin sale, btw and it is decent, but every single one of the games that is available on Steam was cheaper during the Summer sale. Every single one.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/27/ea-changing-origin-to-focus-on-gamers

I guess we will see what EA has in store. they really should never have burned their bridges with valve.
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#30arleasPosted 8/24/2013 11:29:15 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-sought-to-buy-valve-for-1-billion-report-6394880

Still shows that they can't be "bought out" unless valve decides they're ready to sell...
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png