This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Headset Recommendations?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Headset Recommendations?

User Info: TheGhost808

TheGhost808
3 years ago#1
After like 8 years my Cheap Microsoft USB headset is finally dying. Any recommendations for a replacement? USB is a plus but not required. Just want something durable with a decent mic. Budget up to $100 but hopefully closer to $50
i7 3930k @4.0ghz | GA-X79-UP4 | Corsair 850ax | 16gb 1600mhz GSkill Ripjaws | GTX Titan | 240gb + 480gb Corsair SSD 500 Gb HDD| Windows 7 pro 64 | Phantom 410

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 years ago#2
Spends 1,500 on processor and GPU alone.

wants headset 100 dollars or less

lol
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
3 years ago#3
daemon_dan posted...
Spends 1,500 on processor and GPU alone.

wants headset 100 dollars or less

lol

A lot of people seem to do this. Personally I think that to really enjoy a high end PC, the monitor and peripherals play a big role as well. Since the mouse and keyboard are the way you interact with this $1000+ machine you just put together, it makes sense to put some thought into them. When it comes to sound, the differences in quality among headphones/headsets/speakers are arguably even more noticeable compared to something like a keyboard.

That said, I think that you can buy something kind of decent for 100 bucks. Personally I went for headphones of about that price, and soundcard, and a separate mic. I prefer this set up, because there are so many more options to choose from, it is still quite affordable, and if the headphone breaks I do not have to replace it with an expensive new USB headphone that does its own audioprocessing etc. The soundcard and mic also last a very, very long time. I wont have to replace those any time soon, which may make it the best investment in the long run.
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H

User Info: reincarnator07

reincarnator07
3 years ago#4
Recently picked up the Steelseries 7h and love it. I'd recommend that. Comes in a USB version too if you want. Couldn't vouch for its durability, but my Siberia V2s lasted a couple of years and were really killed by me being careless with them.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Headset Recommendations?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived