This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Headset Recommendations?

#1TheGhost808Posted 8/24/2013 1:17:17 AM
After like 8 years my Cheap Microsoft USB headset is finally dying. Any recommendations for a replacement? USB is a plus but not required. Just want something durable with a decent mic. Budget up to $100 but hopefully closer to $50
---
i7 3930k @4.0ghz | GA-X79-UP4 | Corsair 850ax | 16gb 1600mhz GSkill Ripjaws | GTX Titan | 240gb + 480gb Corsair SSD 500 Gb HDD| Windows 7 pro 64 | Phantom 410
#2daemon_danPosted 8/24/2013 1:24:15 AM
Spends 1,500 on processor and GPU alone.

wants headset 100 dollars or less

lol
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#3_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/24/2013 1:58:23 AM(edited)
daemon_dan posted...
Spends 1,500 on processor and GPU alone.

wants headset 100 dollars or less

lol

A lot of people seem to do this. Personally I think that to really enjoy a high end PC, the monitor and peripherals play a big role as well. Since the mouse and keyboard are the way you interact with this $1000+ machine you just put together, it makes sense to put some thought into them. When it comes to sound, the differences in quality among headphones/headsets/speakers are arguably even more noticeable compared to something like a keyboard.

That said, I think that you can buy something kind of decent for 100 bucks. Personally I went for headphones of about that price, and soundcard, and a separate mic. I prefer this set up, because there are so many more options to choose from, it is still quite affordable, and if the headphone breaks I do not have to replace it with an expensive new USB headphone that does its own audioprocessing etc. The soundcard and mic also last a very, very long time. I wont have to replace those any time soon, which may make it the best investment in the long run.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#4reincarnator07Posted 8/24/2013 3:02:53 AM
Recently picked up the Steelseries 7h and love it. I'd recommend that. Comes in a USB version too if you want. Couldn't vouch for its durability, but my Siberia V2s lasted a couple of years and were really killed by me being careless with them.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero